Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jasper »

OneandtheSame wrote:Saw Ray Wise at Monster Mania Con in Maryland last weekend. Unprompted, when answering a different question he said he knows the parties that need need to be talking about another season are talking.
I know that it's an extreme long shot, but is there any footage/audio of Ray's remarks?

If we take this report at face value, then we might recall that Ray Wise was proven correct about season 3 being in the works.

If the business and creative sides are in talks with one another, here's hoping that they arrive at a mutually satisfactory agreement. Let's also hope that this hypothetical continuation would feature a bigger role for Ray Rise.

Ray almost seemed like he was grounded during season three for opening his big mouth about it beforehand. :lol:
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jasper wrote:
OneandtheSame wrote:Saw Ray Wise at Monster Mania Con in Maryland last weekend. Unprompted, when answering a different question he said he knows the parties that need need to be talking about another season are talking.
I know that it's an extreme long shot, but is there any footage/audio of Ray's remarks?

If we take this report at face value, then we might recall that Ray Wise was proven correct about season 3 being in the works.

If the business and creative sides are in talks with one another, here's hoping that they arrive at a mutually satisfactory agreement. Let's also hope that this hypothetical continuation would feature a bigger role for Ray Rise.

Ray almost seemed like he was grounded during season three for opening his big mouth about it beforehand. :lol:
I took video of the panel and posted it on YouTube! :D Here is the section where he talks about season 3 and a potential season 4:
https://youtu.be/5-8giKSMYwM?t=1040
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Ray Wise never ages!

I'm also baffled that he wasn't in season 3 more.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Jasper wrote:

I took video of the panel and posted it on YouTube! :D Here is the section where he talks about season 3 and a potential season 4:
Thanks a lot vicks. Now it really seems that a Season 4 is very much possible. I remember Ray Wise saying something similar before the Return was announced
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

vicksvapor77 wrote:I took video of the panel and posted it on YouTube! :D Here is the section where he talks about season 3 and a potential season 4:
Great work! Thank you!

It makes a bit of a difference, because Ray doesn't actually say that the parties are talking (though that doesn't mean that aren't), but rather that they're "thinking".

Here's the quote (minus false starts):

"I know that there’s some thought about a fourth season, and I know that the parties responsible are thinking on that, and so I think it’s always a possibility."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

So I was checking out Instagram stories and while scrolling through the stories, I came across the official Twin Peaks account. So since Festival of Disruption is going on, George Griffith has taken over Twin Peaks's Instagram account. George had a live video stream going on and one of the viewers asked him "Is there going to be a Season 4??????" to which he replied by taking a pause , looking away from the camera , thinking what to say and he finally says , "I can't talk about it right now".
The video is still available on the Twin Peaks Instagram story but I suspect it won't be available for much longer
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Sounds like there’s gonna be a announcement in 2 months.
Start listening at the 6 minute mark and the 45:45 minute mark.
https://soundcloud.com/user-301352257/a ... brad-dukes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Hmmmmm
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

JohnGSmoke wrote:Sounds like there’s gonna be a announcement in 2 months.
Start listening at the 6 minute mark and the 45:45 minute mark.
https://soundcloud.com/user-301352257/a ... brad-dukes
I didn't quite detect that level of specificity. In the first instance the host seems to be talking about a fan event that's specific to Australia. At the end he suggests he might do another podcast in a few months, going by some murmurings he's heard (or something). He says some things about how he was hanging out with the cast, and there were some moments where Sabrina told him that certain bits of the discussion were not to leave the room (based upon his signing of an NDA). That sort of secret stuff could consist of any number of things, including word of an impending announcement, but it could also consist of other sensitive material, like the secret reason that Michael Ontkean didn't appear in season 3. (My guess with Ontkean is that his absence was down to failed contract negotiations, which is much preferable to illness/tragedy. The "retirement" angle doesn't square with his early enthusiasm. This is a man who in 2011 stated that he was "born to play Harry S. Truman.")

I'm not at all saying that a 4th season won't happen. In fact, I lean a bit more towards thinking that it will happen. I'm just a stickler for getting quotes right, and I try to be as cool and objective in my interpretations as I'm able. We're three months away from nothing materializing in July from Kimmy's cryptic statement. Even if something is going to be announced, I think that we'll be well served by being very patient.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'm a stickler too. But I did not read the second mention as being about a fan event, nor do I think Sabrina would crack the whip so clearly if it was all that innocuous.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

The wait for news has really taught me something about bias. I've read various quotes, as have we all, and my first thought has always been "this must mean more Twin Peaks!". Then the second or third reading makes the quote seem totally innocuous.

I remain convinced that it is in the works though. I can't shake that feeling.
Poiuyt
Roadhouse Member

Post by Poiuyt »

I would be really surprised if there was a new season
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Poiuyt wrote:I would be really surprised if there was a new season
Okay, how come? :-)
Poiuyt