New French Twin Peaks L'intégrale DVD Box Set - Nov 13th

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

New French Twin Peaks L'intégrale DVD Box Set - Nov 13th

Post by dugpa »

From the looks of it, it seems to be a combination of the previous TF1 Twin Peaks Box sets combined in one box. Does anyone from France know any more details on this release?
tpfrance.jpg
tpfrance.jpg (39.38 KiB) Viewed 9921 times

http://www.amazon.fr/Twin-peaks-lint%C3 ... 427&sr=1-3
este

Re: New French Twin Peaks L'intégrale DVD Box Set - Nov 13th

Post by este »

That's exactly the same content than last year... with no differences... but in one box :shock:
What a shame :evil:
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

The cover is beautiful, though! That's what the Gold Box should have looked like. I'm undecided about the lettering, but the image and image manipulation itself - at least from what I can glean on the web - look very, very good.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

A new French boxset? Could this mean a release for the UK and Ireland soon? Am I ever going to let this go? :(
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Doubtful since TF1 only has distribution for France.

I wish I could give you more but so far, no one has been able to get me any info on a UK release of Twin Peaks on DVD.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I have mixed feelings about the gold box design, but since it was brought up, i have to say Golds design is far superior to this one in my opinion.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

In what way? I'm curious.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

I just find it a bit generic, with all the black etc. It didn't seem very Twin Peaksy. The Artisan artwork was perfect i thought, with the cold blue/dark green colors etc.
I think i had the same underwhelmed reaction to the gold artwork as most people, when i first saw it online, but either I've gotten used to it, or it looks better when you're actually holding the box. For better or worse, if you saw it in a store, the gold design calls attention to itself, where as i think you'd walk right past this french cover art.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Gotcha. I guess I can see how the gold box could be seen as better from a marketing angle, though the gold is pretty generic too. (I was never a fan of all those silver box sets either, and gold is even worse.) I would definitely not walk right by this one, though. The mysterious light at the end of the road is - to me - much more intriguing than plain gold tint all over a black and white image (I try not to think about the terrible lettering or the yellow brick road horror).

The Artisan first season box is very good, with the slipcase being ideal for Laura's split persona. However, I think the designer for the season two box(es) dropped the ball by just applying the same idea on other stills where the idea made less sense.

The lettering on this box could definitely have been better, but I maintain that the image manipulation is good. The strong light at the curve ahead could signify the light of the "powerful force" in the woods. Interestingly it looks a lot like David Lynch's present-day photo art, like the new one of Emily Stofle screaming. The lighting in Lost Highway is also similar. To me this is a worthy - and strangely Lynch-like - cover.

Bigger version