Funniest moment in the series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Re: Funniest moment in the series

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

A few that were mentioned all ready

- The insurance salseman getting stuck on the chair lift
- Truman with the donut in his mouth when Cooper is talking
- Lucy telling Cooper the events from season 1 final
- Lucy trying to patch the call through

A few not mentioned

- Might be one of my top three moments of the show both hilarious and creepy. The introduction to Senior Drool Cup himself. So well played
- Anytime Hank pretends to be nice in front of Norma (Chris Mulky is a very underrated actor)
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:"Oh, I have no complaints about the house."
haha this is an underrated one, i love Nance's line reading of it
Romalotti

Post by Romalotti »

Cooper laying on the floor, bleeding from just having been shot, giving a thumbs up to the waiter -- this may be the funniest scene in the series and I break out laughing every time.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:A few not mentioned

- Might be one of my top three moments of the show both hilarious and creepy. The introduction to Senior Drool Cup himself. So well played
YES! this was the moment that truly brought the otherwordly and surreal aspects of the series to the forefront.. the rules of the ordinary world need not apply anymore! i loved every second of that episode 8 opening, as you say it really treads a fine line between creepy and absolutely hilarious.

i also LOVE how Lynch seems hell bent on annoying anyone who is just turning in to see a regular murder mystery and finally get the answer to "WHO KILLED LAURA PALMER" or even WHO SHOT COOPER?!! it's incredibly slow, and when the waiter leaves only to sloooowly make his way to the entrance for a THIRD TIME (I heard about you) i just burst out laughing every time...

Lynch did the same thing in the final episode by filming every single slow step of the extremely slow walking Dell Mibbler in the bank.. again it's amazingly funny imo
tmurry
Roadhouse Member

Post by tmurry »

I really enjoy Lucy's rambling answers to questions, especially her solid recap of Invitation to Love:

Sheriff Truman: Morning Lucy, what's going on?
Lucy Moran: Er... thanks to Jade, Jared decided not to kill himself, and he's changed his will leaving the Towers to Jade instead of Emerald, but Emerald found out about it, and now she's trying to seduce Chet to give her the new will so that she can destroy it; Montana's planning to kill Jared at midnight so the Towers will belong to Emerald and Montana, but I think she's going to double-cross him and he doesn't know it yet. Poor Chet.
Sheriff Truman: What's going on *here*?
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

Romalotti wrote:Cooper laying on the floor, bleeding from just having been shot, giving a thumbs up to the waiter -- this may be the funniest scene in the series and I break out laughing every time.
In the same scene I can't help but smile when the giant says "you will require medical attention"
dkenny78
RR Diner Member

Post by dkenny78 »

The translator for the Norwegians in the pilot -

BEN: Here in Twin Peaks, health and industry go hand in hand!

TRANSLATOR: Healthso industry, dey goh in handh-dee-handh!

Gets me every time!
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I forgot, "I'm a whole damn town!"
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...