20 Years of Twin Peaks

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

20 Years of Twin Peaks

Post by Jerry Horne »

April 8th, 2010 will be the 20th anniversary of Twin Peaks. Not exactly around the corner, however, It will be here before we know it. I'm wondering if anything is planned to mark this milestone? Is there anything you would like to see happen? For me, some things that come to mind:

- A CD box set of every Twin Peaks audio track from the show. If not a box set, than at least a remastered version of the original soundtrack with a bonus disc of the remaining tracks from season one.

- A huge deluxe coffee table book of Twin Peaks photos.

- A Blu-Ray release with more deleted scenes.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Re: 20 Years of Twin Peaks

Post by dugpa »

I'm hoping that more Deleted Scenes from the Series are found, more rare photos, and more music.

I was also thinking it would be great if they did some sort of TV Special. I know that reunion specials can be cheesy as hell but I would totally watch it. :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

A special would be cool. However, all we're most likely to get in that area is a passing mention in Entertainment Weekly complete with sidebar about the financial troubles of Mrs. Fenn.

I've been thinking about what a shame it is that the scene of Ben killing Maddy seems to no longer exist. Not even stills apparently (unless they are in the Paula collection - now there is something to dream about!)

What if HBO were to give Lynch a budget of 8 million and one 150 minute time slot to do anything he wants as long as it's Twin Peaks related?
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I just hope the powers that be do something to commemorate the occasion. What do you think the chances are something either big or small will be produced for the 20th anniversary?
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

i think that nothing that big will happen 2010. i personally think that in 2015 ( 25th anniversary ), there will be a special fwwm dvd with all the deleted scenes and that graphic novel will come out.
I'm gonna go out for a sandwich
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

The giant wrote:i think that nothing that big will happen 2010. i personally think that in 2015 ( 25th anniversary ), there will be a special fwwm dvd with all the deleted scenes and that graphic novel will come out.
Lynch blocked the graphic novel from being released. I just don't see him changing his mind on that. :(
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I think the time is right for a monster coffee table book. Huge. Introduction and new interview with Lynch. Every known Twin Peaks photo, one per page. All of the scripts. Set blueprints. A selection of before and after location shots by Charles from intwinpeaks.com and a Prop gallery. At the end of the book, are two cardboard cd sleeves each with a rare picture on the cover. The first cd would have all of the remaining unreleased tracks from season one. The second would have 70+ minutes of unreleased music from season two. Each book would be autographed by a random cast member (Sherilyn, Kyle, Madchen, M Ontkean or Lynch) Each book would be shrink wrapped in plastic with small duck prints to discourage people from cherry picking copies to get a certain autograph. One book would be autographed by all five and would contain a certificate that would enable you to have lunch with Lynch at Bob's Big Boy followed a screening of the deleted scenes from FWWM in Lynch's home theatre.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Jerry Horne wrote:I think the time is right for a monster coffee table book. Huge. Introduction and new interview with Lynch. Every known Twin Peaks photo, one per page. All of the scripts. Set blueprints. A selection of before and after location shots by Charles from intwinpeaks.com and a Prop gallery. At the end of the book, are two cardboard cd sleeves each with a rare picture on the cover. The first cd would have all of the remaining unreleased tracks from season one. The second would have 70+ minutes of unreleased music from season two. Each book would be autographed by a random cast member (Sherilyn, Kyle, Madchen, M Ontkean or Lynch) Each book would be shrink wrapped in plastic with small duck prints to discourage people from cherry picking copies to get a certain autograph. One book would be autographed by all five and would contain a certificate that would enable you to have lunch with Lynch at Bob's Big Boy followed a screening of the deleted scenes from FWWM in Lynch's home theatre.
:lol: Fans would have to take out a loan to pay for that!!! The Lime Green Set would be chump change in comparison!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Fans would just have to get their priorities straight. I've heard that the Lime Green set is for chumps.
The giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by The giant »

coolspringsj, well you know how weird David Lynch is, he could change his mind... but I'm just dreaming.
I'm gonna go out for a sandwich
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jerry Horne wrote:I think the time is right for a monster coffee table book. Huge. Introduction and new interview with Lynch. Every known Twin Peaks photo, one per page. All of the scripts. Set blueprints. A selection of before and after location shots by Charles from intwinpeaks.com and a Prop gallery. At the end of the book, are two cardboard cd sleeves each with a rare picture on the cover. The first cd would have all of the remaining unreleased tracks from season one. The second would have 70+ minutes of unreleased music from season two. Each book would be autographed by a random cast member (Sherilyn, Kyle, Madchen, M Ontkean or Lynch) Each book would be shrink wrapped in plastic with small duck prints to discourage people from cherry picking copies to get a certain autograph. One book would be autographed by all five and would contain a certificate that would enable you to have lunch with Lynch at Bob's Big Boy followed a screening of the deleted scenes from FWWM in Lynch's home theatre.
now there is a pipe dream! ( no offense ) ....one i'd wish to come true!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

If you're gonna dream - dream big!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i was watching donahue's TP episode tonight, and frost mentioned an alternate ending for episode 7, in the event the show was not picked up. do we know what that might have been??
human germ
Roadhouse Member

Post by human germ »

Jerry Horne wrote:If you're gonna dream - dream big!
indeed!!
this sounds like an excellent deal; however, it's gonna take me at least 'till 2010 to recover financially from buying the full set of 'the sopranos'!
done bun; can't be undone
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

When David Lynch was promoting his meditation book late 2007 I asked him at one of the shows if he had any desire to return to Twin Peaks. His reply was, "No." (long pause) "But I often dream about it as I'm sure many of you do."