1996 Twin Peaks Fan Fest Pics and More

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Sam Howzit
Roadhouse Member

1996 Twin Peaks Fan Fest Pics and More

Post by Sam Howzit »

Aloha all -

Been awhile since my last post. I hope everyone is doing well.

I've been uploading a lot of location pics from the 1996 Twin Peaks Fan Fest to my flickr site. Thought some of you may interested in seeing them (especially daytime photos from "Fat Trout Trailer Park" - the telephone pole with the "6," Carl Rodd's door, Teresa Banks trailer, etc.).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aloha75/se ... 046424298/

There are a few more recent pics from California in that set too. I still have a few more photos to upload from 1996.

Also, has anyone else played around with Google Street View? I was trying to find the exact location of the "Fat Trout Trailer Park" near Fall City, Washington (can't remember the actual name of the place). I located the Colonial Inn (different paint color now). I was also able to find exact location of Mo's Motor from FWWM ("You shouldn't do that to your engine") in Snoqualmie, WA (building looks a lot more run down now). That street view is wild ... it was like I was driving around the area.

Sam
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: 1996 Twin Peaks Fan Fest Pics and More

Post by Brad D »

fat trout is not in fall city, sort of between snoqualmie and north bend. it is a stone's throw from leland/one armed intersection.
Sam Howzit
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sam Howzit »

Mahalo ... I quite honestly couldn't remember the exact location. I remember a bridge and a lake bed nearby. Sadly I didn't take good notes as I think I was in awe of just being there in '96.

I also remember seeing a video clip with Chris Isaak that I thought was shot in "Fat Trout." I remember seeing the bridge in the background ... maybe.

Nevertheless, really want to return to the fest this year (actually every year since ... but the Mrs. hasn't agreed ... yet :D

Sam
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Great pics Sam!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sam Howzit
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sam Howzit »

Mahalo, Jerry! Great to hear from you. I still have about 8-10 more pics (and some other stuff) to scan/post. Hope to do it within the week.

Of course, my pics are not even close to Charles' work. When I attended the Fest, it never crossed my mind to do what Charles did with intwinpeaks.com. I'm still blown away by that site (great work, Charles)!

Sam
yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

I love the photo of the Palmer house. The weather in the photo looks exactly like the weather in the scene where Laura finds out that Leland is Bob.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Great photos, Sam!

The fat trout is no able to be found on Google street view. It's in a private trailer park. That being said, if you found Mo's Motor, it's right near there! The bridge is that too. Here's the closed streetview that you can get:
Near Fat trout

if you spin the camera around, you can see the road into the trailer park. If anyone plans on going there, please be respectful. It is a full-time residence for the occupants, and really, some of them don't want to be bothered by strangers.

Also if interesting note, in the Pilot, when Truman and Cooper speed off in the night to find Donna on the motorcycle with whoever (I think she is still with Joey Paulson), Truman and Cooper come out of that trailer park and turn and go over the bridge.

Of course it's not meant to be them coming out of the Fat Trout or anything, just funny that even when filming the Pilot, they used the same area.