HI EVERYONE

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

HI EVERYONE

Post by kim 13781 »

:) Hi i'm new to this site I've been on a lot but all of them seem out of date now, no one seems to post anything anymore maybe there forgetting about the best show ever on tv!
I have been a fan since it was first shown on tv.
I live in England and getting merchandise here is impossible, unless you go on ebay ect.
I have had trouble getting the complete show on dvd so had to settle for the VHS tapes instead (but I guess it's better than nothing) I managed to get the film FWWM on dvd and recently found about six copies of the fanzine wrapped in plastic in a old comic shop so I do'nt have a lot of collectable stuff to show off but I am grateful for things I do have.
I love everything about twin peaks and would love some real fans to talk to.
Attachments
cooper2x.jpg
cooper2x.jpg (21.7 KiB) Viewed 6150 times
Damn fine coffee...and hot - Agent Cooper
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: HI EVERYONE

Post by Audrey Horne »

Hi, Kim.

Welcome aboard. It's a pretty passionate group for a television show almost twenty years old. And lots of discussions and fun.

Don't hold back.

See ya later.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

welcome to the party kim! bring it on.
Gozu

Post by Gozu »

Welcome Kim, just like you I am based in England too, great to see you posting on the board. There are a few people from the UK on the boards so don't feel alone :) Would love to know which kind of comic shop you got your Wrapped in Plastics from, I only ever managed to find them direct from the publisher and on eBay in the past. Was it an independent shop or a Forbidden Planet type place?
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

:) Hi I live in Leicester England the place I got my magazines from was called the Magic Labryinth it's kind of similar to Forbidden Planet I did'nt even know they had any I just went in and asked and was lucky I only got about six copies but the guy told me if he ever got any more he would let me know.
I've just ordered a couple of back issues from the company as I really hate ebay it's so expensive and you always seem to get outbid, I don't know anywhere else to get them from you said you had ordered some from the company direct in the past how long did it take for you to receive them?
It's great to hear from some fellow brits I don't feel so lonely now :lol:
Gozu

Post by Gozu »

Good idea to order them direct, you shouldn't wait for long - one thing to remember when ordering from abroad is the darn import fees the customs people sometimes charge - and the inappropriately large "release" fee for items from abroad. So just be careful if you order things from say davidlynch.com if they are over something like £35. Probably ok with a few back issues of magazines though I would image - don't mean to scare you just something I've learned through experience! I think its more applicable to dvds etc and depends on the stated value put on the front of the package :)
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

Gozu wrote:Good idea to order them direct, you shouldn't wait for long - one thing to remember when ordering from abroad is the darn import fees the customs people sometimes charge - and the inappropriately large "release" fee for items from abroad. So just be careful if you order things from say davidlynch.com if they are over something like £35. Probably ok with a few back issues of magazines though I would image - don't mean to scare you just something I've learned through experience! I think its more applicable to dvds etc and depends on the stated value put on the front of the package :)
Hi thanks for the warning i'll remember this when i order thing's from abroad
kim :)