If there ever was a season 3 what would happen?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

If there ever was a season 3 what would happen?

Post by kim 13781 »

:D Hi I have often thought as I bet many of you have what would have happened in a Season 3 of TP.
At the end of season 2 there is a lot of stuff left hanging in the air, like what happens to Leo does he manage to survive or does he die?
What happens to Pete and Andrew and of course Audrey when the safety deposit box is opened to reveal a bomb do they survive?
Ben Horne takes a nasty blow to the head from Doc Hayward after a row breaks out about Ben being Donna's father how hurt is Ben?
What is Annie's condition after she and Cooper come out of the Black Lodge?
And the biggest mystery of all is Agent Cooper now stuck in the Black Lodge would he ever get out and how?
Would Harry realise that the Cooper that has been let out of the lodge is not the real Cooper and is inhabited by Bob?

I would love to hear your opinions.
Damn fine coffee...and hot - Agent Cooper
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Re: If there ever was a season 3 what would happen?

Post by Evenreven »

My guesses:

Leo survives
Annie is in the hospital, acting strangely
Audrey survives
Pete is dead (sadly)
Andrew is dead
Ben survives
Will gets away with it (obviously, since he treats Cooper), creating tension later
Windom Earle is gone without a trace
Cooper isn't merely possessed, but broken, a shadow of himself
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

"Twin Peaks- 20 years later".... Cooper is looney now, so he is in mental hospital until Bob decides to leave his body, so Cooper is back in Twin Peaks. Ben survives... Pete is unfortunately dead :cry: Leo? I even don't remember what happened to him... didn't watch TP for many years.
I still hope they will start 3rd season with some new actors and also with some original cast.
Actor Frank Silva is dead, so we must find another scary Bob... if it is possible for anyone else to look that scary :mrgreen:
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

I like the idea of cooper being in a mental hospital, your right about BOB I don't think anyone could come close to Frank he was so fantastic I still dream of them starting it again to but we are allowed to dream are'nt we :)
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I think the idea was that Major Briggs was going to be the one to rescue the good Coop from the Lodge, no? I remember reading somewhere that they'd resolve that cliffhanger within the first episode or two of season 3 and then take a flying leap to "5 years later" (similar to what "Desperate Housewives" did recently), essentially pushing the reset button on all of the storylines. And that Cooper would have left the FBI and would have been a pharmicist, and all the kids would be out of high school (not that they were ever really IN it in Season 2, for the most part).
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

That's the general idea, in addition to Engels saying that there would be a scene of Truman driving Mike backwards through the portal at Glastonbury Grove. Which sounds... interesting.

I've started to believe - after they "let's talk changes" thread - that Frost and Lynch should have just jumped five years without Cooper being rescued, and instead just tell the missing story through dialogue. Like we got stories about Laura's life through various people (Jacoby, Donna, Harold, James, Bobby, Jacques...) spread out over the first 15 episodes. The show was filled with allusions to dark pasts (first Laura, then Cooper/Earle/Caroline), and it would have needed another dark past to regain momentum, even if the jump would have alienated some viewers.

A Lost parallel (LOST THIRD/FOURTH SEASON SPOILER AHEAD!!): When in the late third season we're about to get tired of the life on the island and flashback structure, suddenly we get a flashforward to a situation where people are back in Los Angeles and we're left wondering for the next episodes (including a between-seasons break!) how on earth that happened. That's good serial storytelling.

Twin Peaks would have needed a good what-the-f**k moment like that to spark new interest. What's the more interesting question, narratively: if Cooper will be saved, or how he was? In my mind, definitely the latter, in addition to the fact that it opens up possibilities for telling other stories. If the rescue happens in the present, it has to be the main story. If it's only alluded to, it can be a driving force beneath the surface - like Laura's story lurked behind the corners of the investigation and Cooper's meetings with Audrey.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

To me it seems really, really dumb to rescue Cooper from the Lodge in the first couple of episodes of the third season.

The finale of Twin Peaks is one of the greatest 45 minutes of television out there, and it's partly because of this brilliant twist (the best twist in the show IMO). To me, Cooper being stuck in the Lodge just screams a season wide arc.

First seven episodes - Dopelganger Cooper running around Twin Peaks murdering long running characters and causing general havoc. Whilst Truman and co. are wondering what the hell is going on.

Next seven episodes - Having realised that "good" Coop is stuck in the Lodge, Major Briggs and Truman must quickly discover a way of getting him out.

Final seven episodes - Having been rescued from the Lodge by Truman and Briggs, "good" Cooper must find and stop his evil dopelganger, leading up to a massive cliffhanger of some-sort. Perhaps the classic: Good Cooper finally captures Evil Cooper, a fight ensues - nearly beaten Evil Cooper cries out. Truman hears the call and bursts in with a gun - both Coopers shout to kill the other one... TO BE CONTINUED... :lol:
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

OK... so they will be all dead and I guess that is the end of Twin Peaks..... only if BOB junior will be born :mrgreen:
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

12 episodes, new story, (mostly) new characters. Preferably HBO or Showtime should make it. Tap into the mythology by all means, but we need a new scenario as iconic as 'Who Killed Laura Palmer?'
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

having dopplecoop kill someone would ruin so much for me. its one thing for coop to be possessed by BOB, its another to have our hero beat an innocent person to death. i do wonder who actually would have killed the red-headed sheryl lee....
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

I think the story could have carried on maybe a good idea would have been to do it so many years after, someone said Cooper could have been in a mental hospital and I thought this might be a good idea, but I too wouldn't like to see Coop kill anyone so the story of him being possessed by Bob would have been a tricky one, as it would probably mean he would have to murder someone, I think it would be a good idea to have the kids out of school and moving on in their life's I think Bob could still exsist somehow but I'm not sure who he would possess and who exactly would be Bob seeing that Frank Silva has died. The show would need a big plot away from the who killed the Laura Palmer mystery and I am not sure what that could be it's hard really but some of you have come up with some great ideas, and I agree with most of them except that one about coop being the town's pharmacist that would be just so weird