MacLachlan Plans Twin Peaks Comeback

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Not sure if this has been posted before but I just found it on imdb this morning:

16 June 2009 5:00 AM, PDT | From wenn.com | See recent WENN news

Actor Kyle MacLachlan plans to resurrect his quirky TV drama Twin Peaks in short installments on the Internet.

The Desperate Housewives star played an FBI agent on the show between 1990 and 1991, working with legendary director David Lynch on the cult series.

The show was eventually cancelled after a decline in ratings, but returned in 1992 with a prequel movie Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me.

MacLachlan is desperate to reprise his role once again and hopes to utilise the web to help fulfil his ambition of a return to Twin Peaks.

He says, "I have a crazy idea to bring back Twin Peaks on the net as five minute webisodes."

But the star admits the show's creator, David Lynch, won't be involved with the new version as he is too busy focusing on his initiatives to publicise meditation techniques.

MacLachlan adds, "David's focus is more on transcendental meditation now."

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0835522/
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Re: MacLachlan Plans Twin Peaks Comeback

Post by Coffee »

Holy crap! This is like on those "dream pieces of news"!

MacLachlan says Lynch wouldn't be involved but I think he would be interested in something like this. It cuts out the television executives who interfere with your artistic vision. Plus Lynch has a website where he could release these episodes.

I think it's time to rescue Coop from the Lodge.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Just looked at WENN.com and I'm damned if I can find the story!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm very skeptical that this is going to happen.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Lynch has the right to veto any TP project. The report sounds like a Chinese Whispers version of a remark Lynch made in an interview about doing more TP stories on the web. Personally, I'd be happy if there was a single 12-part HBO series made by Lynch. Just one series: nothing more.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

this specific idea seems logistically impossible.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It's interesting as MacLachlan recently announced that he is planning on quitting Desperate Housewives to be closer to his family.

If there was anyone that Lynch would allow to run their own Twin Peaks, I would think it would be Kyle.

I am seriously doubting that the story has any bit of reality attached to it but it is something that could be good if done right.

-B
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

This would be awesome news if we get the official word from Kyle himself.

I personal think if Kyle wanted to do this that David would let him. David himself would or might want to be the producer, who knows with David. If anyone could talk David into a comeback of Twin Peaks, it would be Kyle.

My personal wish is that Kyle can talk to David about bringing Twin Peaks back for another season on the web or even HBO or Showtime. I prefer the web so that this would also mark a new era in television like David & Mark did 19 years ago.

Also just maybe Kyle got a taste of what he misses the most after he did that Twin Peaks Gold Edition.

God, I hope my dream comes true
Gerry
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Couldn't we get some sort of petition together to show our support?
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

I don't really see how TP can be brought back in a live-action format at all, bearing in mind Frank Silva's been dead for 14 years. I don't think he's really thought this through.
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

:D If this is true i'll be so happy, I still love twin peaks and miss it so much, I have been wishing for years that it would come back in some form or the other and if it was done by Kyle it would be even more of a dream come true, as my favourite character was always Agent Cooper, i'm not sure how it would work though I mean with the other characters as one of you has already said Frank Silva died so who would be BOB?
Anyway if it does happen I will be so excited and if it does'nt well i'll carry on watching the origianal shows over and over again
Damn fine coffee...and hot - Agent Cooper
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

mixomatosis wrote:I don't really see how TP can be brought back in a live-action format at all, bearing in mind Frank Silva's been dead for 14 years. I don't think he's really thought this through.

If Frank Silva is dead only for 14 minutes are there more chances for talk him into acting? :mrgreen:

Well... Bob IS dead, so I don't see reason, why dead actor wouldn't act Bob...
OK, I am only kiddin'. I think there are plenty place to bring Twin Peaks to life with old and new actors.... "Twin Peaks - 20 years later"- that would be smart idea.
I only hope if they ever start that, that they will not ruin original with some stupid ideas...
Personaly, I think that I should bring some new ideas to Lynch since I am so smart and creative :mrgreen:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Twin Peaks without Frank Silva would be interesting. Not sure if it would be interesting good. Then again, the begining of FWWM with Chet and Sam had no Bob and I absolutely love it.

They could always allude to BOB. Not sure how recasting him would work though. In either case, I'm calling BS on this rumor as so far, other than the IMDB link, there has been no solid evidence of Kyle actually saying he is doing this.

:roll:
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

This guy would be great replacement for BOB :mrgreen:

http://bitcast-a.v1.o1.fra1.bitgravity. ... e-fail.jpg

Or child made by midget and giant:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/ugly ... ple-01.jpg
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Is there any unused footage of Frank? CGI can do some amazing things these days.

There was a new Donna in FWWM remember...

Also, Kenneth Welsh is still around. What was the fate of Windom anyway?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM