First time viewer

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

gavriloP
RR Diner Member

Re: First time viewer

Post by gavriloP »

d3moliti0n wrote:Just watched the film, I have mixed opinions though. While it was a decent film, it just didn't really feel much like the TV show (I know that it's a feature film, but it just didn't retain some of the things that made the show great), and it wasn't helped by the absence of characters and the fact that Laura Palmer seems to live in a completely different house?

I would say it's about a 7/10 to be honest as it's a decent addition to go along with the show but nowhere near as good as the series.
Well, give it time and maybe it will seem better one day. ;)

I loved the melancholy undertones this film had, and I thought they fitted perfectly to the world of Twin Peaks. They kind of made it whole. And I also adored Sheryl Lee at the time, so...

Also the film look that FWWM and Pilot had was beautiful. Some parts of TP were little too "slick" lightningwise if you know what I mean. And that soundtrack was finally fully matured in FWWM. It really blossomed, on of the greatest soundtracks ever (of course the original one was phenomenal too).

Man, I hope they release the full version with deleted scenes one day. Because as you said, there were not enough TP characters.

Some people are torn about the fact that Lara Flynn Boyle isn't on it but I think Moira Kelly was 100x sweeter girl. Boyle is too much ice queen. Moira had that warm quality that was needed.

LFB is beautiful but that's beside the point. I like different kind of girls ;)