TP on new channel: Chiller TV

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hawk

TP on new channel: Chiller TV

Post by Hawk »

Twin Peaks is being aired on a new channel called Chiller. It's channel 257 on DirecTV.

I think this is awesome since the only other time I've ever seen any TP on TV was when I caught a few episodes on Bravo a few years ago.

Not to mention Chiller seems like a decent channel, especially since it's just getting started. I expect it to grow and be awesome eventually :)
You're on the path. You don't need to know where it leads. Just follow.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

That is cool. I'm terribly jealous. Are they airing one episode a week or doing it marathon style? I miss those days...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I have no idea. The DirecTV guide doesn't seem to have their programming schedule information yet and I'm too lazy to go to their site :|
You're on the path. You don't need to know where it leads. Just follow.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Great, now I want cable TV again. Just for Chiller Theater. Wasn't "Chiller Theater" an old NBC show hosted by Boris Karloff?
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
benjamin

Post by benjamin »

I checked out the chiller website: http://www.chillertv.com/ . Looks like episodes play fridays at 8pm and again at 11pm. Too bad I don't have DirectTV, but I guess thats what the DVDs are for.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I think it would still be cool to be able to relive the "live on TV" experience. Does Chiller have commercials? I'll never forget the thrill of rushing home to watch Twin Peaks on TV, and then meticulously recording the shows on my VCR to cut out the commericals! What I can't remember was how I found out about it in the first place. I certainly had no access to the internet in 1990. Does anybody remember lots of advertsing?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.