Interesting new tidbit of info re: Audrey & the finale?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Interesting new tidbit of info re: Audrey & the finale?

Post by TheArm »

I'm sure you guys have already seen this great 20th anniversary piece on USA Today's Pop Candy site (http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -moments/1), where they count down 10 of TP's most memorable moments. I was scrolling through the comments at the bottom and I thought this one was particularly interesting:

"I also worked for a radio station and our weather service was in the same city where TP was filmed. One of the guys who worked there saw stuff filmed which never made it to air. One scene involved Audrey running from the bank where she had been tied up. Her hands were on fire."

I dunno about anyone else, but I could totally picture Lynch shooting something like this. I wonder what other sorts of deleted stuff is out there from the finale...
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
piero
RR Diner Member

Re: Interesting new tidbit of info re: Audrey & the finale?

Post by piero »

Wow! I've never heard about this story... I really hope someone will put out that deleted scene...from tp to fwwm. I always wished Audrey wasn't dead in the bank....
Roomservice...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I have heard this before also -it may have been the same blurb and it's just a game of telephone.

If it is true, pretty darn neat and Lynchian and in track of getting the characters back to the offbeat, interesting selves.

And I never got the whole Audrey died in the bank thing by the fans. I never felt that even at a young age, and not just because I'm a fan.

Not saying Audrey couldn't be killed off, but if she were there's no way it would happen in a cliffhanger finale. She was arguably the second most popular character (next to Cooper) -and Josie, Maddy, Leland when killed were given finite scenes.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

It sounds right to me and would certainly fit into the brilliant Lynch weirdness of the finale. Also sounds like something he'd be willing to trim due to time constraints whilst not affecting the episode in any major way.

Shame the footage is probably lost for good.

Someone needs to ask Sherilyn Fenn about it next time she's interviewed.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

This is the first time I had ever heard this...wow. I always hated Audrey's lame off screen "death" in the final episode. She was my favorite character after Cooper, and deserved better. Or, at the very least, a definitive end, not the "did she or didn't she?" ending that we ended up with. Considering that by the time the show was aired, the decision for the episode to be the final one was long made, it sucks that Lynch chose not to go with this version. Aisde from Cooper's fate, Audrey is the one big loose end I still have trouble with (I pretty much see Ben as dead, as well as Pete and Andrew...and I don't really care about Leo, as far as I'm concerned his story was done) I love Lynch to death, but sometime you gotta give your audience some kind of closure. Would love to see that Audrey scene someday.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

If this was done it was most likely done on the spur of the moment or pickup shots to match continuity for the third season premiere. The final episode based on the script was always meant to be another season finale, not series finale. No matter what would have happened, Audrey's last scene in this season would probably be no different. They need viewers to tune in for the following fall.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

TheArm wrote:Her hands were on fire.
No wonder her palms itch...
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

garethw wrote:
TheArm wrote:Her hands were on fire.
No wonder her palms itch...
:lol:

Ha! Fantastic.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Asked Sherilyn Fenn online, her own words: "I did not shoot anything like that to be honest.....sorry."

There you have it!
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:Asked Sherilyn Fenn online, her own words: "I did not shoot anything like that to be honest.....sorry."

There you have it!
Great work Gerry!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Albert Rosenfeld

Post by Albert Rosenfeld »

Is it possible they might have shot the sequence with a stunt double. Understandable it wouldn't have been Sherrilyn since it sounds like it would be a dangerous sequence.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

that's awesome, waldo.

man, I've got to start twittering.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I never thought that Audrey did die. I never felt it, and then when it came out that Mulholland Drive was originally meant for Audrey it confirmed it for me. I think that in Lynch's head, Audrey is alive and was always meant to survive. I also think it's interesting that he said MD and TP live in the same universe. Lynch's head is good enough for me!

It's a shame that the scene in question was not shot. It sounds brilliant, and very Lynchian. Perhaps it was a stunt double... we'll probably never know :(
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

I agree that it wouldn't have been Sherilyn Fenn in that little scene. They would have used a stunt double. We need to ask Lynch or Frost about it!
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

iar wrote:I never thought that Audrey did die. I never felt it, and then when it came out that Mulholland Drive was originally meant for Audrey it confirmed it for me. I think that in Lynch's head, Audrey is alive and was always meant to survive. I also think it's interesting that he said MD and TP live in the same universe. Lynch's head is good enough for me!(
Woah, when did that come out? Which character was she supposed to be? It makes sense they are connected, especially with Laura and Ronette in Club Silencio. Kind of makes sense with Lynch's love of intertexuality that his two TV series would be in the same world.