Photographic run-through of the UCB TWIN PEAKS COMEDY SHOW!

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
TheArm

Upright Citizens Brigade doing a special TP tribute show

Postby TheArm » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Another treat for L.A. fans on the 20th anniversary - a Twin Peaks Talent Show. Should be a fun night!

http://losangeles.ucbtheatre.com/shows/2329

TWIN PEAKS TALENT SHOW

UCB Theatre honors the 20th anniversary of the death of homecoming queen Laura Palmer and one of the most critically acclaimed and top-rated American shows of the 90's. It's 2010, and the townspeople of Twin Peaks are gathering together for a talent show which will reunite beloved (and not so loved) characters from the show, current citizens of Twin Peaks, and who knows who might show up! Served with a slice of cherry pie, this is a one night only event that David Lynch and Twin Peaks fans won't want to miss!

Hosted by Seth Morris

Featuring:
Dave "Gruber" Allen
Eva Anderson
James Adomian
Andie Bolt
Mike Cassady
Jon Daly
Matt Davis
Drew Droege
Curtis Gwinn
Allan McLeod
Will McLaughlin
Jordan Morris
Amanda Sitko
Martin Starr
Lesley Tsina
James Urbaniak
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Annie
Site Admin

Re: Upright Citizens Brigade doing a special TP tribute show

Postby Annie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Looks great and I was going to post it inside Live Journal. It doesn't say what day and time!!! Oops, looks like you just have to click on the schedule.

TheArm, are you going?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Audrey Horne

Postby Audrey Horne » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:23 pm

dammit! I'm part of the Upright Citizens in New York. Wished we did that over here too!

Happy 20th Peakers.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
TheArm

Postby TheArm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 am

Annie wrote:Looks great and I was going to post it inside Live Journal. It doesn't say what day and time!!! Oops, looks like you just have to click on the schedule.

TheArm, are you going?

Hell yes! I'll be there and then I'll be at the Echo Park Film Center event on Friday. :)

It's a good week to be a Twin Peaks fan!!
G42

Photographic run-through of the UCB TWIN PEAKS COMEDY SHOW!

Postby G42 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:38 am

So I was at UCB tonight for their comedy Twin Peaks talent show and it was amazing. I documented the whole thing with, ah well, my cell phone camera, but I suppose it's better to have some low quality photos as opposed to having none! So do check out my blog, all about it! It was a great night and for all those who couldn't be there, I hope this gives a little glimpse into how funny and Twin Peaksy it was!!!

http://gollum42.livejournal.com/156085.html
You must follow the Walrus
to the sea, for the sea
to follow the Walrus to you
TheArm

Postby TheArm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:32 am

Anybody else here go to this? It was a really fun evening, and the theater was absolutely packed with Peaks fans, which was great. The idea was that it was a talent show being put on as a fundraiser by the townsfolk of Twin Peaks, 20 years after the show. The "judges" were a near-comatose Leo Johnson (complete with kazoo, sunglasses, party gear and birthday cake) who was wheeled out by Johnny Horne, the Log Lady (the Log was the actual judge, she just translated), Dr. Jacoby (with a wine cooler) and Gordon Cole.

The "contestants" included:

-Sarah Palmer, who did her best to sing a dance song when she wasn't uncontrollably screaming, crying and shrieking
-Nadine Hurley, who had invented a myriad of ways to make just about anything silent, all basically just involving grease and cotton balls
-The Man from Another Place, who did his attempt at Black Lodge stand-up in his patented backwards-speak (which was hilarious, especially in that almost every joke inevitably incorporated or ended with "Laura Palmer")
-Killer BOB and his teenage son BOB Jr. (both peering menacingly from behind bits of furniture) performed a duet of Harry Chapin's "Cats in the Cradle," and we learned that BOB was trying keep his son on the straight and narrow, even though all BOB Jr. really wanted to do was assume the form of an owl and possess people
-an aging Sailor Ripley, who was just barely able to unleash his crazed dance to Powermad
-Audrey Horne, who displayed her abilities to work with other kinds of fruit beyond cherries, in this case a banana. We learned that after Horne's closed down, she worked at the perfume counter at Target (we also learned that One-Eyed Jack's has been knocked down and is now a Wal-Mart).
-and finally Dale Cooper, who was no longer in the FBI (having been fired for leaking classified information via audio tapes to his unrequited crush Diane Wiznowski, who now has a restraining order against him), was a devout Scientologist and practicing dream analysis, which he did for an audience member.

The show even got interrupted by Bobby Briggs, who shouted out out an "AMEN!" from the audience and revealed that he was still as much of a douchebag now as he was 20 years ago. There was a keyboardist in the background who played a number of selections from the show on the synthesizer (including an eerily on-the-nose "Laura Palmer's Theme") that would have done Angelo proud. And finally, they reached their fundraising goal of raising $1 million thanks to a surprise appearance at the end by none other than Mr. Tojamura, him/herself.

Afterwards my friend and I made our way to the House of Pies in Los Feliz for some coffee and cherry pie before calling it a night. Happy 20th everyone!
TheArm

Re: Photographic run-through of the UCB TWIN PEAKS COMEDY SHOW!

Postby TheArm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:40 am

G42 wrote:So I was at UCB tonight for their comedy Twin Peaks talent show and it was amazing. I documented the whole thing with, ah well, my cell phone camera, but I suppose it's better to have some low quality photos as opposed to having none! So do check out my blog, all about it! It was a great night and for all those who couldn't be there, I hope this gives a little glimpse into how funny and Twin Peaksy it was!!!

http://gollum42.livejournal.com/156085.html

Fantastic! I had wanted to take pics but I hate my Blackberry's camera. Thanks for these G42!
G42

Re: Photographic run-through of the UCB TWIN PEAKS COMEDY SHOW!

Postby G42 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:29 pm

TheArm wrote:Fantastic! I had wanted to take pics but I hate my Blackberry's camera. Thanks for these G42!

You're welcome! I am glad to be able to share the event! And now, tonight, the Bob Engels event! Wowzers, these past few days have been epicly awesome hah! Yes!
You must follow the Walrus
to the sea, for the sea
to follow the Walrus to you

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”