the native speaker's help is needed to understand one phrase

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

nemo
RR Diner Member

the native speaker's help is needed to understand one phrase

Post by nemo »

Dear dugpa-members! I need help of native speakers to understand one very interesting phrase from the FWWM script.
The phrase, that caused me some troubles, is :,,Bob, you're not going home without me. I want all my Garmonbozia."
I'm not sure, which tense is really meant in this phrase. The first time I read it, I thought, it is some kind of reproach, that Bob usually doesn't go home without Mike. But after I found out some new information, the new possible explanation has appeared.
Could you tell me please, is it possible to say such a phrase as a prohibition not to go home without Mike in the future :?: In this case it would sound like a command or order. It would confirm one possible theory. It's very interesting, what you would say.
guildnavigator
RR Diner Member

Re: the native speaker's help is needed to understand one ph

Post by guildnavigator »

i think he means "bob, you will not go home without me (on this occasion), i want all my garmonbozia"
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

It's really interesting, that the future could be meant. Thank you! Maybe it was said to remind Bob, that it is pointless to break off the relationship with Mike/The Little Man (since he can't go home without their help) and to force him to do his duty to bring garmonbozia.
I wonder, why that phrase was cut or not used. It lasts only several seconds. Maybe it wasn't used deliberately not to leave more open ends.

Recently I tried to put together the phrase said by Robert Engels about Mike being a ,,Sherpa" and the scripted scene, where he is in a motel room crawling around the circle of candles trying to hear something. I've got a sudden idea, that he strived to find the way to that ,,home" using some shamanic technique like the ,,magician" from the poem.
forgiveness

Post by forgiveness »

I believe that Mike/MFAP refer to the future. Following this scene the film was supposed to go to events directly after the finale. Cooper did not convince Laura to not take the ring. BOB's final attempt at possessing Laura did not work. Mike gets to keep the pain and sorrow he feels for her death and go home to a future unchanged.

It was cut from the film because the scenes from the future were also exised but remains implied from Leland's blood on the Red Room floor disappearing.