Deadly Premonition

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LogGoth

Re: Deadly Premonition

Post by LogGoth »

Deadly Premonition is so interesting and weird! It manages to have an air of mystery about it without it feeling like it's just purposely withholding information from you. The combat is *dreadful* though I'm not sure if I even managed to complete it because I couldn't face another combat section with those awful repetitive monsters moaning "dooooon't want to diiiieeeeeee" at me.

Would be really interested for any recommendations for other Peaks-esque games. The ones I've played so far are Virginia, Deadly Premonition, Alan Wake. Would recommend all of them with caveats. Anyone know of any others?
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

LogGoth wrote:Deadly Premonition is so interesting and weird! It manages to have an air of mystery about it without it feeling like it's just purposely withholding information from you. The combat is *dreadful* though I'm not sure if I even managed to complete it because I couldn't face another combat section with those awful repetitive monsters moaning "dooooon't want to diiiieeeeeee" at me.

Would be really interested for any recommendations for other Peaks-esque games. The ones I've played so far are Virginia, Deadly Premonition, Alan Wake. Would recommend all of them with caveats. Anyone know of any others?
For various definition of Peaks-esque... Kentucky Route Zero, Sword&SworceryEP, Life is Strange, Silent Hill, and Andy and Lucy are Ace Attorney characters and that's a fact.
What's the verdict on Virginia? It looks amazing!
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
LogGoth

Post by LogGoth »

laughingpinecone wrote:For various definition of Peaks-esque... Kentucky Route Zero, Sword&SworceryEP, Life is Strange, Silent Hill, and Andy and Lucy are Ace Attorney characters and that's a fact.
Brilliant thank you for those recommendations, I see your location is D'ni so we probably have similar taste! Kentucky Route Zero looks very cool indeed.

Loved Virginia an awful lot but found myself a bit lost in terms of the plot. It's quite a dense mystery though so it's very possible that I was just missing stuff. It manages to have its own very distinct feel to it despite clearly drawing quite a lot from Lynch/TP and it's quite beautiful as well, overall would recommend!
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

LogGoth wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:For various definition of Peaks-esque... Kentucky Route Zero, Sword&SworceryEP, Life is Strange, Silent Hill, and Andy and Lucy are Ace Attorney characters and that's a fact.
Brilliant thank you for those recommendations, I see your location is D'ni so we probably have similar taste! Kentucky Route Zero looks very cool indeed.

Loved Virginia an awful lot but found myself a bit lost in terms of the plot. It's quite a dense mystery though so it's very possible that I was just missing stuff. It manages to have its own very distinct feel to it despite clearly drawing quite a lot from Lynch/TP and it's quite beautiful as well, overall would recommend!
Oh, hey :D shorah b'shem!
I'll be digging into Virginia at the next Steam sale then, thank you for your input! I got into Kentucky Route Zero because half the Myst fandom was flailing about it, so there's that c:
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
LogGoth

Post by LogGoth »

laughingpinecone wrote:I got into Kentucky Route Zero because half the Myst fandom was flailing about it, so there's that c:
SOLD. Thank you!