Movie Donna or TV Donna?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Diane
RR Diner Member

Movie Donna or TV Donna?

Post by Diane »

Which Donna do you prefer?

Tough call, but I think I prefer Movie Donna...she has the best scenes.
forgiveness

Re: Movie Donna or TV Donna?

Post by forgiveness »

Good question.

Hmmm... They seem so different. I'm going to go with the movie version also. There's something about her that has a better tint to it.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Tv Donna. Not even a question for me.
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I love the "Welcome to Canada" scene in FWWM where the camera turns full circle and the blue strobe flashes against the wall of the club, and we see Donna put the back of her hand to her forehead....it's one of the best shots in movie history, in my opinion.

Movie Donna has depth...TV Donna just smokes and tries to look serious and sultry.
B_M

Post by B_M »

Diane wrote:Movie Donna has depth...TV Donna just smokes and tries to look serious and sultry.
It's only my assumption, but Donna's personality changed in the second season to that "sultry" one, because LFB was jealous about popularity of Audrey's character. Donna's character was rather shallow and melodramatic in comparison with Audrey's character. So she changed into that smoker who bites fingers of some sad incarcerated bikers. She wanted to be sexy. She wanted to add some depth to Donna's character. She was doing it wrong ("Because it's wooo!").

I apologize every Donna or/and Lara Flynn Boyle fan. I'm just biased a little and cannot help it :P