Twin Peaks Season 2 US Press Release

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Season 2 US Press Release

Post by dugpa »

Was sent this the other day...

TWIN PEAKS was created by David Lynch and Mark Frost. The show was set in the fictional town of Twin Peaks in northeast Washington State and tells the story of FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper and his investigation of the murder of a popular local teenage schoolgirl, Laura Palmer. This six-disc set contains all twenty-two newly remastered high definition episodes and is loaded with new in-depth interviews, featurettes and introductions.

Disc Breakdown

Disc One:

Episodes 8-10
Special Features: Log Lady intros for each episode, Jennifer Lynch insights

Disc Two:

Episodes 11-14
Special Features: Log Lady intros for each episode, Todd Holland insights

Disc Three:

Episodes 15-18
Special Features: Log Lady intros for each episode, Caleb Deschanel insights

Disc Four:

Episodes 19-22
Special Features: Log Lady intros for each episode, Duwayne Dunham insights

Disc Five:

Episodes 23-26
Special Features: Log Lady intros for each episode, Stephen Gyllenhaal insights

Disc Six:

Episodes 27-29
Special Features: Log Lady intros for each episode, Tim Hunter insights, Interactive interview grid
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Any word on TWIN PEAKS the Complete Mystery? I read that the extras on TPTCM will be different while not using the same extras on season 1 and 2. True?
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I wouldn't expect a press release for the Compete Mystery until August at the earliest.

-B
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

wait, i'm out of the loop - what is 'twin peaks complete mystery'? :?
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

LauraPalmer wrote:wait, i'm out of the loop - what is 'twin peaks complete mystery'? :?
It's what I'm waiting for. It will include the 1st ever US DVD of the pilot ep, available in amazon.com as a VHS only, plus seasons 1 and 2, plus, I think, the film FIRE WALK WITH ME with deleted scenes!

The deleted scenes from FWWM are a kind of holy grail for TP fans. Originally the film was to include a scene with each character but the story wouldn't support it, so a bunch of scenes with favorite characters were left out. Getting copies of those scenes has been the topic of several fan mail or email campaigns.

Part of the problem is that various companies own different eps of TP and FWWM and the deleted scenes! Seems DL and MF were ahead of the curve in financing their project by selling foreign rights (ABC didn't give them quite enough $$$ to fund each ep). Caused something of a mess though. While TP has a cult following, it hasn't been seen as profitable to go around collecting the rights from the various holders until now.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

So far nothing is known for sure on the Complete Mystery set. A few DVD sites have reported various rumors. The only thing I would count on is the Pilot, plus Season 1 and 2.

As for FWWM with Deleted Scenes, it is not likely that it will be included in the complete Mystery unless MK2 and Paramount strike some sort of a deal.

Plus in the US, New Line owns US Distribution Rights. It's way too early to tell what will be in the set.

-B
tj o'pootertoot

Post by tj o'pootertoot »

Sounds like people are banking an awful lot on "The Complete Mystery" about which almost nothing is known.
Can anyone state what facts ARE known? Is the pilot a lock? And if so, why not release it now?
The "holy grail" FWWM scenes sound long lost and a mere dream for fans at this point (about as likely as Lucas digging up the Biggs scene, if you know what I mean.)

Anyway, I've been lurking for a while and I just found this review of the upcoming S2 set.
http://tinyurl.com/yrfcxd
After all the waiting and all the hype the extras sound like a real let-down but I'll but it anyway just to finally have it.

TJ
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Hey TJ. Welcome to the board.

All that is known so far is that Paramount is currently and it should be out by the end of the year. As soon as I get anything more than that, I will post it. Paramount is way more tight lipped than some of the other companies about releases so it's been a hard one to crack.

-B
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Paramount I bid thee come to me

Post by sloclub »

As for my post, I guess that's how rumors get started or carried along. I heard or read somewhere that FWWM was going to be part of The Complete Mystery set and I guess that's what I would like to think.

If only Paramount would come to me hat in hand, wailing and crying for my blessing. I would, in my divine majesty, tell them what to put in The Complete Mystery and all would be well. Yes, my people, that includes the deleted scenes too.

I just took one of those personality tests on the internet, trouble, and my most compatible date is Reese Witherspoon. On another test I am most like the character Zander Harris from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And all this time my kids said I was a "Homer Simpson" kind of guy.

I can't get over it, Reese Witherspoon. And here I was hoping for Sherilyn Finn.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
tj o'pootertoot

I guess my question is...I have Season 1.
I have the HK import of the premiere.
I have FWWM.
I even have the first 1/2 of Season 2 on crappy AVI files.

What I would like is a decent S2 set with decent extras.
I am likely to buy the April 3 set BUUUUUT would consider holding off and buying "The Complete Mystery" if:
a) it included the pilot
b) it has some GREAT extras
c) it's a decent price

Call me pessimistic but I think the FWWM deleted scenes are long gone. Luckily we have the script and our imaginations. Heck, it's not like they EXPLAIN anything. They're mostly lovely cameos.

If Paramount really cared they'd release details on the set now so we actually have a choice.
The April 3 set is probably sufficient for me but if there turn out to be great extras (or a version of the premiere that you can't buy separately) on the later set, I'll be irked.
After all, isn't all this being done because of people like me who already own everything and have been waiting for the rest, done right? I know there are some people who don't have the S1 set or FWWM but most of the passionate fans who have been lobbying for S2 already do, I think.
uncle_fugly
Roadhouse Member

Post by uncle_fugly »

This could be a ruse, but I found this comment on notcoming.com's review of Twin Peaks: Season One...

Harley Peyton says:
Rumsey,

Just a brief note to tell you how much I've enjoyed the recaps and criticism. I'm about to sit down for a DVD interview "” they're finally putting together a comprehensive Peaks box "” and found your work while making a last-minute effort to refresh my memory.

Again, a pleasure to read, and for me, a pleasure to remember. Thanks for that.

Harley

The link is http://www.notcoming.com/reviews.php?id ... mment-3159
tj o'pootertoot

Hmmm...I do seem to recall hearing that Paramount was doing a lot of interviews and other work for the S2 extras and, clearly, they're not in the S2 set.

But that just raises the question of if they're ever coming out at all.
Call me pessimistic.

I still say that they know that "real fans" already have the Artisan S1 and so witholding all the extras for a "complete" set later in the year is a cashgrab for the studio that now owns the rights.

I never criticize "double dipping" IF fans are given a choice (ie when the Lord of the Rings movies were released as 2-disc editions with notice given of forthcoming 4-disc versions).

But all the "complete" set info is mysterious. I just think it'd be fair to announce it before the S2 set hits (and is that on April 3 or April 10?? Seems to different info in different places). In the meantime it sounds like the oft-rumoured 30th Anniversary Star Wars set which may or may not exist and which may or may not include all the extras fans have dreamed of...
kgobel

Amazon/Ebay

Post by kgobel »

I think that the best news that we can possibly get regarding the future release of a complete box set, FWWM deleted scenes, etc., can be found on Amazon an eBay. Since the release of S2 on DVD the prices for the out of print S1 and the pilot have gone through the roof. I've seen used copies of S1 without the pilot for $150 plus. Even the price for FWWM has jumped, and it's been readily available for quite some time. I just discovered Lynch/TP in the last year, so I bought S1 without the pilot new off of eBay in June for $40; today, I would easily be looking at $150-$200 plus. I find it hard to believe that the studio/studios that have the rights to all things TP will sit back and watch people sell TP DVDs online at huge profits and not do whatever they can to get in on the action. I know that the whatever details we currently have about future releases are sketchy at best, but this dramatic increase in demand (presumably because now people are able to complete their collection) certainly gives me hope.