Obsession

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mlsstwrt
RR Diner Member

Obsession

Post by mlsstwrt »

Does anyone else go through periods of Twin Peaks obsession? Since I first saw the show twenty years ago there might be months where I don't think about Twin Peaks, but then I will go through periods of a few weeks where I think about it for 3 or 4 hours every day. And (and this ties in with the Nostalgia thread) I feel so sad that the world has moved on since then. I want to go back to 1990.
SMILLSOID
Roadhouse Member

Re: Obsession

Post by SMILLSOID »

My wife and I went through a Twin Peaks obsessive period over Christmas. Don't long for 1990 though - long for 2019, the year "Blade Runner" is set!
The Stanley Kubrick Forum - http://stanleykubrick.yuku.com
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Yes, I think it's fair to say that when I really dove head-first into the world (when Bravo was airing repeats, circa 1994), I was really, really obsessed for a while. I absolutely could not stop thinking about the show, and would find myself sitting in class daydreaming about the show, listened to the soundtrack every chance I got, taped all the episodes and re-watched them into infinity, etc. I just loved the world and wanted to immerse myself in it as much as I possibly could.

Obviously that's died down since and I have plenty of other things to occupy my mind/time now that my life is filled with work and grown-up responsibilities. However, I do still catch myself daydreaming about those Douglas firs every so often, and I wouldn't have it any other way. And if I happen to catch it on Chiller or the Crime & Investigation Network or whatever random channel it's airing on, I can't resist sitting and watching it, even though I own the DVDs and have seen each episode countless times.

Maybe we should form a support group?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Shax

Post by Shax »

TP is my favorite show of all time it will always be with me I think. I remember buying the first vhs set that came out, then the first dvd and now the second version. No doubt if the show ever comes out on bluray I will get that one as well. Right now I'm wanting to go back and watch everything over again. Seems I get the feeling to visit the show every three years.