LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

charles
RR Diner Member

LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

Post by charles »

All new photos of Laura Palmer's house HERE
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Re: LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

Post by thegreatnorthern »

OMG! could you post larger pics - or email me - these are incredible - and it was vacant!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

These are incredible!

I do so wish they used this house for the exteriors in "Fire Walk With Me." Has anybody found out why they changed houses for the exterior footage in the movie? I wonder if the home-owners were sick of fans photographing the house at the height of the show's popularity and refused to give clearance for them to use it in a feature film. I would assume they'd need to get clearance from these people all over again when making the movie version.

Has there been an official explanation given for that?
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

bosguy1981 wrote:These are incredible!

I do so wish they used this house for the exteriors in "Fire Walk With Me." Has anybody found out why they changed houses for the exterior footage in the movie? I wonder if the home-owners were sick of fans photographing the house at the height of the show's popularity and refused to give clearance for them to use it in a feature film. I would assume they'd need to get clearance from these people all over again when making the movie version.

I wonder if it might also have been a budgetary thing. It feels like they did a lot of FWWM's location work in Everett, maybe even more than Snoqualmie? And I imagine they were on a very, very tight budget, so I wonder if was just quicker, cheaper and easier to use the interior and exterior of the same house, which was also in the same neighborhood as the Hayward house and the high school?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

i think you're probably right about budget being the primary consideration...and time. though it seems they could've just done all the exterior stuff (of which there was considerably little in the film) in as little as two or three days at the series house. oh well.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

My fantasy is still to see the inside of the Palmer house in Everett. When are THEY going to put their house on the market and have an open house??
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

well we have the same dream! but what i NEED is to get in there somehow before it goes up for sale because as it stands now, EVERYTHING inside that house is exactly the same as it was i the pilot.the sofas, the blankets, the lamps, plants, mirrors on the walls and on and on. I've peeked in the front window (creeper) and seen it all with my own eyes. To walk up those stairs and photograph Laura's room would be pure heaven.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

yes..laura's house in everett is the holy grail, even if for just the interiors. i say we peakers all chip in and buy it whenever it goes up for sale. you think i'm crazy, but just sayin...

oh, and charles-INCREDIBLE work! i've always felt intimidated to go back and take a proper look at that house. maybe it'll be empty during the fest :)
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

So, I assume people are living inside the Palmer house with all the decorations from the movie? Doesn't that seem unusual, or do you think David just liked it as it was and asked for no changes?
Anyway, Charles you could just tell them you're a VIP and need to go inside and take pictures.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

people are still living in the everett, wa house. with the exception of laura's homecoming photo and a few minor props (captain crunch, anyone?) they used the house as it wasand still is:)

meanwhile, i dearly wish i could just waltz up and announce my VIP-ness and be granted an all access pass...alas, i think the chances are pretty slim of the owner (an elderly woman) letting in this obsessed, bearded, 35 year old stranger:). I've written a few very polite and sane sounding requests over the years and received no reply.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Charles, that really surprises me that there was no "set decoration" for the movie.

And I'm really sorry you've written nice requests that received no reply; maybe it's time to get tough!!
For what it's worth, I think you SHOULD be granted VIP access ;)
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Come on Charles, we're David Lynch fans!! Can't you find a canister with a hose attached and go up to the door and introduce yourself as "pest control?" :)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I've made sane and polite requests as well, no dice..
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

TheArm wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:These are incredible!

I wonder if it might also have been a budgetary thing. It feels like they did a lot of FWWM's location work in Everett, maybe even more than Snoqualmie? And I imagine they were on a very, very tight budget, so I wonder if was just quicker, cheaper and easier to use the interior and exterior of the same house, which was also in the same neighborhood as the Hayward house and the high school?
I've often wondered what the official reason was for the change. I don't think its ever been mentioned though. I just figured it must have been one of convenience (and thus budget). As in, "we're here filming the interiors, why not just film the exteriors". Its always bugged me. Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

charles wrote:people are still living in the everett, wa house. with the exception of laura's homecoming photo and a few minor props (captain crunch, anyone?) they used the house as it wasand still is:)
That's interesting. I always thought that there was something kind of obsessive about the sheer abundance of floral-patterned decor in Sarah Palmer's house. Sort of like her obsessive smoking. I thought it was a deliberate visual metaphor. I guess some people's houses just look like that!