LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
bosguy1981

Re: LAURA'S HOUSE 2011

Postby bosguy1981 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:20 am

Ross wrote:Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.

Agreed. Though I'm grateful that the Laura Palmer wig is at least better than the awful wig she wore in Season 2 as Maddy. The scene in episode 13 where she and James sit by the lake is where I think it looks particularly terrible and fake.

Agreed about Norma's short hair in FWWM. I'm sure it'll be even stranger when we do see the deleted scenes and get a closer look. With all the fake hair in the series and the movie, they couldn't spend a few bucks and get some hair extensions for Peggy Lipton? :lol:
TheArm

Postby TheArm » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:50 am

Ross wrote:I've often wondered what the official reason was for the change. I don't think its ever been mentioned though. I just figured it must have been one of convenience (and thus budget). As in, "we're here filming the interiors, why not just film the exteriors". Its always bugged me. Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.

It's funny, most of those things bother me too (not to mention Donna herself not matching the series! and isn't Mrs. Tremond's grandson also a different actor?), but the weather was never one of them. While I agree that it absolutely should have been far more wintry, the TV series was so sunny and summery, by virtue of them having shot most of it in Southern California, that I actually think this inadvertently ends up matching up pretty well!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
charles

Postby charles » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm

TheArm wrote:
Ross wrote:I've often wondered what the official reason was for the change. I don't think its ever been mentioned though. I just figured it must have been one of convenience (and thus budget). As in, "we're here filming the interiors, why not just film the exteriors". Its always bugged me. Actually, as much as I love FWWM, the things that bug me about it have always been the cosmetic things that don't match the series. The house, Harold's house, Laura's wig, Norma's short hair, the sunny august weather, etc.

It's funny, most of those things bother me too (not to mention Donna herself not matching the series! and isn't Mrs. Tremond's grandson also a different actor?), but the weather was never one of them. While I agree that it absolutely should have been far more wintry, the TV series was so sunny and summery, by virtue of them having shot most of it in Southern California, that I actually think this inadvertently ends up matching up pretty well!

that's so true! i'm always kind of shocked when i re-watch the series at how friggin' warm hued and sundrenched it is. It's completely gorgeous, but not very PNW. it's funny that when it first aired i didn't notice the change from pilot to series at all. i guess that's all that matters -it feels Twin Peaksy throughout. the FWWM sun did match the bulk of the series (which was tonally much more cutesy/quirky than the pilot.) with that said, i still feel like the movie would have been better served by a more pilot-esque, gloomy palette.
...surprise, surprise;)
Last edited by charles on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:51 pm

TheArm wrote:

It's funny, most of those things bother me too (not to mention Donna herself not matching the series! and isn't Mrs. Tremond's grandson also a different actor?), but the weather was never one of them.

How did I forget to mention Donna!? And the grandson (played by Lynch's son in the series) was replaced because (I'm guessing?) his son had grown quite a bit in the two(?) years since he filmed his scene. They kept his face obscured for a lot of the movie anyway.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
charles

Postby charles » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:55 pm

don't get me started on fake donna. no really. don't. ;)
jlyon1515

Postby jlyon1515 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:06 am

Just seeing these pics now... I'm totally jealous, Charles! Great job!

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”