Rare TP Clips!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Red Room wrote:
biotron wrote:Can anyone start seeding again soon please?
Ditto. I too would be grateful... Thanks.
Still trying to download these files... Got to 40%, then nothing - no seeders. :-(

If anyone could seed right now I would be very grateful. Cheers!
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

Sorry about that! My computer froze while I was away. It's back seeding again, so give it another try. If we still have problems, I'll mail out copies for blanks & postage to anyone who wants one.

-Steve
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Hey all, still trying... At 65% now (!), but no seeders online. :-(

Without wishing to sound a nag, anyone willing to seed over the weekend would make me (and possibly others) very happy.

All the best!
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

Red Room wrote:Hey all, still trying... At 65% now (!), but no seeders online. :-(

Without wishing to sound a nag, anyone willing to seed over the weekend would make me (and possibly others) very happy.

All the best!
I've been seeding all day, am uploading to 4 peers now. I'm not sure why you can't connect.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

mjwilson wrote:I've been seeding all day, am uploading to 4 peers now. I'm not sure why you can't connect.
I now see one seeder - you, I guess (thanks).

I think part of my problem is my new-ish modem/router, and I have little idea how to 'fix' it. I'm pretty computer-savvy generally, but when it comes to this stuff I'm a little lost... The torrent 'help' features read like "War & Peace". ;-)

I'll get there eventually...
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

Red Room wrote:
mjwilson wrote:I've been seeding all day, am uploading to 4 peers now. I'm not sure why you can't connect.
I now see one seeder - you, I guess (thanks).

I think part of my problem is my new-ish modem/router, and I have little idea how to 'fix' it. I'm pretty computer-savvy generally, but when it comes to this stuff I'm a little lost...
Heh, me too. uTorrent is still warning "No incoming connections... could indicate a problem with your network connection" although I've fixed my firewall config, so I don't know what else to do.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

Check to make sure you've forwarded your client's tcp/udp ports to your computer's IP address.
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

I have a green tick now ("Network OK") but I still only see 4 or 5 out of 7 peers.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

mjwilson wrote:I have a green tick now ("Network OK") but I still only see 4 or 5 out of 7 peers.
That's nothing unusual. It could be the other leechers are firewalled (unlike you) and it will take some time to establish a connection.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Wood wrote:Check to make sure you've forwarded your client's tcp/udp ports to your computer's IP address.
I finally figured out what I'm doing ' configured everything, and now it seems to be running well at last! :)
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

Now that you have it working, you can get more rare Twin Peaks material like the Cooper Audio Tapes!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

Downloaded the whole thing last night, thanks to all who are sharing. There's some interesting content there.

I'll continue to seed all day today, and whenever possible for those still downloading...
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Post by grrlskout »

dugpa wrote:Finally watched it. It is a truly great piece of archival work. Say, would your friend happen to have any of the FWWM stuff archived? I've been looking for the MTV music awards with Chris Isaak and Kyle MacLachlan. It was done on the set of FWWM and was pretty funny from what I remember.

-B
Oh man, I TOTALLY remember them on the set of FWWM! I remember wishing I had taped it! And I was soooo excited about the movie coming out!!!!

Most of my archival stuff is paper. I collected every magazine article I could. The Film Threat thing about FWWM is the best. thing. ever!

.... maybe I should scan those articles. Anyone think there is interest in that? Or maybe it's already been done....?
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Joy!

Post by wallydanger »

Have finally gotten around to downloading torrents.

First I tried Shareaza, but it seemed too slow to download things. I unistalled that and then tried Azureus. But, though faster, it used a lot of the computers resources making it very slow to try doing anything else while downloading. (maybe thats a tradeoff?). I heard that uTorrent is "lighter" so I'm giving it a try. It's a lot slower, but that may just be because I'm downloading the Twin Peaks Archives and it has far fewer seeders and peers.

I was wondering how I could be able to watch it all on the TV, thinking I would have to plug the TV into the computer.

All of the files I've downloaded so far (first 4 episodes of 'John From Cincinnati', the first two seasons of 'Weeds') are HDTV DivX avi files

Then I remembered that the new DVD players coming out now have DivX capability, so today got a cheap ($39) Phillips upconverting player (converts signals into hi def)

I can now play the CDs with the DivX files on my HDTV, and all it took was getting a new cheap DVD player (which I was wanting anyway to play movies in hi-def). I thought I would have to buy lots of software and a DVD burner (and blank DVDs).

I'm one happy camper! :wink:
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Please

Post by wallydanger »

Seeds are sorely needed, of the Twin Peaks Archive.

Here: http://www.mininova.org/tor/637977

Thanks much! :wink:
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge