Between Two Worlds: Josie's Fate

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Between Two Worlds: Josie's Fate

Post by Jerry Horne »

We just put up a new article examining the fate of Josie on Twin Peaks. We also present for the very first time ever, 6 rare stills of 'Josie' from a deleted episode 29 scene!!

http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/20 ... -fate.html
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 9.49.30 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 9.49.30 PM.png (77.63 KiB) Viewed 12609 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Re: Between Two Worlds: Josie's Fate

Post by thegreatnorthern »

Awesome Exclusive ! Everyone needs to read this > http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

thegreatnorthern wrote:Awesome Exclusive ! Everyone needs to read this > http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/
Thank you!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

maybe this is actually judy

so cool jer, thanks for sharing with us
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

arggghhh! I lost my entire post.

basically it was Good Work, Jerry!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks guys. For me it's such a fascinating chapter of the saga, mostly for what could have been. I think younger fans who have not yet read all of the interviews and such will get a bigger kick out of the piece.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Younger?!!! Please, the New York critics say I can still play eighteen!

(no, they said you have the mental capacity of an eighteen year old)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Iamnotwhatiseem

Post by Iamnotwhatiseem »

Fantastic article. Gonna tweet it out there and hope all the Peaks Freaks get a chance to see it!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Iamnotwhatiseem wrote:Fantastic article. Gonna tweet it out there and hope all the Peaks Freaks get a chance to see it!
Thank you very much!
forgiveness

Post by forgiveness »

I really love this article! Great job Jerry!

You know I found something really strange while looking through old Twin Peaks posts at various sites on the net. I read someone saying that the line in the early draft of FWWM was "Elga was there too. Part of her, anyway." and not "Her sister's there too. At least, part of her."

I don't know which one it really is, and I'd normally think it was remembered wrong or influenced by WIP, but this post predated the WIP articles, and was supposedly from a reliable source, so it was strange and caught my attention.

It would explain the Elga line left in the film and would further strengthen the argument that if Elga is Josie post death Judy could very well be Laura after she had died.
kevbayer

Post by kevbayer »

great article, but one part bothers me...the line "Then Jeffries drops a fascinating detail: "Her sister's there, too. At least part of her."" How could this be as Josie fate hasnt happened yet?
forgiveness

Post by forgiveness »

kevbayer wrote:great article, but one part bothers me...the line "Then Jeffries drops a fascinating detail: "Her sister's there, too. At least part of her."" How could this be as Josie fate hasnt happened yet?
I've always assumed that Jeffries actually comes from a time following the series finale. I know some people don't agree but it would also make sense of why he distrusts Dale, asking Cole and Albert if they know who he is. He knows of the connection Coop has to BOB. Jeffries just isn't aware that he has somehow entered the past.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

forgiveness wrote:
kevbayer wrote:great article, but one part bothers me...the line "Then Jeffries drops a fascinating detail: "Her sister's there, too. At least part of her."" How could this be as Josie fate hasnt happened yet?
I've always assumed that Jeffries actually comes from a time following the series finale. I know some people don't agree but it would also make sense of why he distrusts Dale, asking Cole and Albert if they know who he is. He knows of the connection Coop has to BOB. Jeffries just isn't aware that he has somehow entered the past.
Agreed. Or at least he has been in the Lodge- where time is... different.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
forgiveness

Post by forgiveness »

Yes. Like BOB reversing when Windom takes Cooper's soul and Annie and Cooper appearing to Laura in her dream.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Ross wrote:
forgiveness wrote:
Agreed. Or at least he has been in the Lodge- where time is... different.
I think it's the later - that he's been in the Lodge and saw what would be considered the future. He is clearly from the same time frame as Gordon, Cooper and Albert - they all know him and Albert references his being missing for a year.