Twin Peaks Gazette Message Board

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Twin Peaks Gazette Message Board

Post by Cooped »

Just realised that the TPG message board has been closed. I feel kinda sad, but it had to be put down because it had become a haunt for rambling crazies instead of genuine Lynch/Peaks discussion. Any of the moderators have access to an archive of it? there WERE some interesting discussions there...
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks Gazette Message Board

Post by Gordon »

You can try archive.org to browse through its old threads, where the most interesting discussions took place... We did that during the last days of the Gazette to bring back good memories. You'll see that here on Dugpa many of us old Gazetteers registered when it ended... :)
AllthewayfromEdmonds
RR Diner Member

Post by AllthewayfromEdmonds »

Gordon wrote:You can try archive.org to browse through its old threads, where the most interesting discussions took place... We did that during the last days of the Gazette to bring back good memories. You'll see that here on Dugpa many of us old Gazetteers registered when it ended... :)
Thumbs up! Gordon! :D
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Just an FYI - we're working on culling the best discussion threads from the Gazette which Jordan will then have available somewhere on his website (not sure exactly where yet, still sifting through well over a thousand threads of just TP/FWWM discussions...oy).
"It's good to want things..."
the primal root

Post by the primal root »

Looking forward to reading through those threads once they're collected. I know it must be old news at this point but it broke my heart to drop by and see that it had been dismantled. Killed many an hour during my early 20's on that board.

-Root
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

Damn good news... :mrgreen:
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Cooped wrote:Just realised that the TPG message board has been closed. I feel kinda sad, but it had to be put down because it had become a haunt for rambling crazies instead of genuine Lynch/Peaks discussion.
Like the wingnuts on the politics forum? :wink:
itsbeen20yrs

Post by itsbeen20yrs »

the primal root wrote:Looking forward to reading through those threads once they're collected. I know it must be old news at this point but it broke my heart to drop by and see that it had been dismantled. Killed many an hour during my early 20's on that board.

-Root
Ditto!
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

Hi. Montana here, another refugee from TPG.
I was really sad to see TPG close. There was a lot of interesting stuff and people in there but recently you had crazies (looking at you, MyOwl) who would come in and post on 20 topics overnight. When you entered your heart just sank at the sight of all the asperbergerish garbage and most times I just logged out again without commenting.
Great shame - but I see a few familiar faces around here.
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Montana wrote:Hi. Montana here, another refugee from TPG.
I was really sad to see TPG close. There was a lot of interesting stuff and people in there but recently you had crazies (looking at you, MyOwl) who would come in and post on 20 topics overnight. When you entered your heart just sank at the sight of all the asperbergerish garbage and most times I just logged out again without commenting.
Great shame - but I see a few familiar faces around here.

This, exactly..It became a place to rant incoherently about nothing. Thanks MyOwl, you ruined it. Wizardofxenia too! (was that his name?)
Melong
RR Diner Member

Post by Melong »

Cooped wrote:This, exactly..It became a place to rant incoherently about nothing. Thanks MyOwl, you ruined it. Wizardofxenia too! (was that his name?)
I suspect it was only a handful of people, each operating under multiple aliases.
xman
Roadhouse Member

Post by xman »

Well this is a major bummer. I just happened to check the Gazette this morning and saw that the forum was closed.

I would have hoped that those running the site could have just tracked activity by IP address and banned the posters that were abusing the site (if this is really why they pulled the plug.)

Boo!
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

Well, unless Jordan tells us otherwise, we can guess the reason TPG closed seems to be a) the forum getting cranks and b) members stopping visiting. And the 2nd follows the 1st. It's the same way you stop going to a bar when a weirdo starts hanging around all the time and pestering regular patrons. Rather than deal with the irritation you just stop going. And then the bartender pulls the plug because he doesn't have any custom. Hmmm, perhaps that analogy stretches it. But not by much.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Jordan stated that the real reason was he and Kelly were busy raising their growing family. I'm sure all the weirdos on there didn't help, because it took more work. Amanda can give you a full answer.

By the way, MyOwl is banned from this place.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

MyOwl (or AceYellow, as he was known many years ago) was and is a really weird individual, but his presence, his threads, never bothered me... The man had his own M.O. and I chose to ignore him... Maybe in all those years I got used to him, I don't know... :roll:

So he is banned from here? Well, wherever he is I wish him good luck... :idea: