My personal questions:

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

benjamin

My personal questions:

Post by benjamin »

Alright, here are a few questions I have regarding the series (or the world of TP) that I have not been immediately able to see an answer to.

First off, Mike the spirit inhabiting the one armed man, Philip Gerard. Why is Mike not shown as another form when inside/outside the lodge like Bob is. Bob is shown as Frank Silva, but inhabits Leland Palmer, Cooper, etc. But with Mike, Gerard is always the representation, no other physical identy. Why is this? Maybe TMFAP, or 'the arm' would be it? But that doesn't make sense to me. Any thoughts?

Second, who is Judy? Phillip Jeffries mentions the name when first appearing in FWWM when saying "Now we're not going to talk about Judy..." Later in the film the monkey appears to say "Judy" in a close-up. Is there any other mention of this Judy elsewhere in the series?

Third, is it me or is there a break in the writing during the first three episodes of season 2. I didn't really notice this until re-watching the season again after the new arrival of the DVD, but in the first episode (ep 8) James is in jail for the cocaine in his tank and the incident with Jacoby. And then in episode 9, he is seen singing with Maddy and Donna. But later in episode 10 we see him being told by Cooper at the sheriff's station that he isn't being charged and can go. Whats up with this? Just a spoof on the writers' parts? Or am I missing something again?

If anyone has any imput or answers please let me know, and this can also be a space for other questions regarding personal scrutinies.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

I always assumed after FWWM that the Mike who inhabited Gerard was The Man From Another Place, especially after he touched Gerard in the Lodge and they spoke in unison. And considering how the Little Man tried to help Cooper to stop Bob, it's what makes sense to me. I doubt Lynch has a firm opinion on the matter though.