Next... on Twin Peaks | Youtube

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Love it!
tellharryididn'tcry

Re: Next... on Twin Peaks | Youtube

Post by tellharryididn'tcry »

All of the laser disks contain the previously on twin peaks but no next on. It would be nice to make custom dvd duplicates with these extras and the log lady. I would guess the gold box dvds wont allow you to make a duplicate though unless you have some way to get around that.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Just resurrecting this thread for archive purposes. Did we ever document what the "official" commercials, bumpers, next on, and previously on commercials are?

Would love to know what may be out there that I never knew about.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

dugpa wrote:Just resurrecting this thread for archive purposes. Did we ever document what the "official" commercials, bumpers, next on, and previously on commercials are?

Would love to know what may be out there that I never knew about.
We should do it.
I'd love to have that list to recreate them at some point in 720p (or if it will be possible 1080p) version.
Anyone? I suspect that my English is not so good to make the good descriptions :lol:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Anyone up for starting?
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

PS - Can someone please explain why the "Previously on..." bits are missing from the gold box set DVDs? I've never quite understood it, especially since they did make it onto the Season 1 DVDs, and I remember them being on all of the Bravo episodes throughout the mid-to-late '90s. I had heard they were "lost," but how exactly?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I think it was more of a rights issue and timing as in they ran out of time to figure it out for the release.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

A bit from Column A, a bit from Column B:
Dugpa: What was the reason for leaving off the “Previously on Twin Peaks” segments and the “Next on Twin Peaks” segments from the box set?

Charles de Lauzirika: For whatever reason, those segments weren’t in the studio inventory. As I mentioned earlier, all of these materials get passed from distributor to distributor over the years, things can get lost in the shuffle, unfortunately. Plus, there might have been additional licensing costs to consider even if we did have them. It’s strange, I worked on two huge projects this year that both had very complicated ownership issues…this and “Blade Runner.” It’s not like the usual project where one studio owns and archives everything outright, making things far more clean and easy. For both “Twin Peaks” and “Blade Runner,” there are multiple owners of various types of content, which can end up being a huge headache and possibly very costly when trying to clear this material for DVD. And all of it has to be cleared…there’s no quick way to cheat around that.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Resurrecting this old thread. My Internet is dog slow tonight and I don't have access to my DVDs.

Can someone confirm these were the segments:

Previously On-
Episode 1-29 (one for Episode 29 didn't get shown till later on when laserdisc was released)

Next On-
Pilot - Episode 6, Episode 8-22, Episode 24-26

Lucy Bumper for Finale - after episode 27
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

dugpa wrote:Resurrecting this old thread. My Internet is dog slow tonight and I don't have access to my DVDs.

Can someone confirm these were the segments:

Previously On-
Episode 1-29 (one for Episode 29 didn't get shown till later on when laserdisc was released)
They were for 1-28 in the first run in TV in the 90s. There wasn't any for ep. 29.
I'm not sure about episode 25 (Cooper's extended "Previously on" in US, not sure was any in Europe.)
dugpa wrote: Next On-
Pilot - Episode 6, Episode 8-22, Episode 24-26
I didn't knew that there were next-on for episodes Pilot-6.
The second season is probably right.
dugpa wrote:Lucy Bumper for Finale - after episode 27
I didn't know about this one too.

Anywhere I can see the last one and next-on for Pilot-6?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Resurrecting again ;-)

Can anyone can tell me if there was more then 4 commercial for next episode in season 1 (with "Tonight" on the end)? I've got for episodes 3-6. Did they made them for episodes 1, 2 and 7?