The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Re: The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by KahlanMnel »

Unfortunately FWWM is one of the films Swank has where they send you directly to the distributor for their permission. The distributor is denying most requests for this print (including ours).
"It's good to want things..."
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

That is super lame. If they won't let a fan festival rent the print, then what's the point of even offering it? Huge bummer.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

Oh, I am so glad that these TP fests continue to be held. While I don't imagine i will ever attend( too much travel for this fibromyalgia victiM who lives in massachusetts), it makes me happy just to know that folks continue to love TP, and that they celebrate the series by holding these festivals.

Hope you all have a GREAT time! I look forward to seeing posted photos, and reading about people's experiences.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

who all is going from here? I am very excited!!
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Brad D wrote:who all is going from here? I am very excited!!
I am. Looking forward to going. This is my third.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

Me too. It's my second fest.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

I'm just happy that people trust us enough to attend at least once, and then enjoy it enough to return whenever they can. The festival is a labor of love for those of us who've had the honor of running it over the last twenty years. Thank you all for giving us the steam to keep it going. Even if you can't attend, the fact that you love that the festival exists is enough for us. :) <3
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Oh, and I think the film loaning issue has to do with the fact that the North Bend Theatre is now a single reel system and the print of FWWM that is available is a multi-reel and they will not allow splicing. Understandable, and yet completely and totally frustrating. And I'm guessing it's too much time/money for them to expend crafting a single reel for more modern theater setups, so. It is what it is. Most art houses are able to accommodate the multi reels so that's how some places are still able to offer a showing of the 35mm. On the plus side, the distributor granted us rights to show any version of the film that we want. Yay? LOL I'm not sure how to feel about it but I guess I should be glad they at least threw us that bone.
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

Brad D wrote:who all is going from here? I am very excited!!
I was thinking about it . . . but it's too far away/too expensive/my favorite celebrity won't be there/it's too hot/it's too cold/it might rain/I have nothing to wear.

Does that pretty much cover the standard I can't responses? :lol:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Al Strobel is in, Jen Lynch is out...

Never met Al, excited he can make it this year!! 2 more weeks...
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Al is SUPER awesome. Sadly he won't be bringing the Chinook with him this time (it's registered non-op) but he says it's still purring like a kitten so perhaps he'll bring it the next time? :)

We were bummed about Jen having to cancel but not as bummed as she was. She's super upset about it because she'd specifically indicated to folks that she was attending the festival and was looking forward to the chance to relax with fans. We tried to work it out so that she could join us for at least part of the festival (that's why she's been on the schedule for Fantasia for two weeks but we just announced her cancellation) but it turned out that they need her there the weekend of the festival do to press. So, it's bittersweet. We lose out on having her this year but she's premiering her new film. In the end it's a good thing. :)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

any other folks joining? 3 little days away!!!!
The Double R
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Double R »

I'll be there like the Jackson 5.
Brad D wrote:any other folks joining? 3 little days away!!!!
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Please dont leave us other tp fans lonely! give us an update! thank you!!! bet it's fun 8)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Rebel wrote:Please dont leave us other tp fans lonely! give us an update! thank you!!! bet it's fun 8)
I saw Michael Horse at the falls yesterday! He seemed occupied so I didn't bother him (yet).

There is a surprise guest... But I skipped film night sooo... Once I can confirm I will let you guys know.