The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by Audrey Horne »

mystery guests are Bob and Jill Engels. Should be fun-especially the questions asked.

just got back to my hotel room after talking to them in the lobby for a bit -they're both wonderful and very personable.

this should be a good q&a tonight.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Audrey! We have to hang tonight and chat a little! :)
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

How is the weather? Is it as hot and humid as most of the rest of the country? Well, perhaps the events are indoors in a/c'd rooms. I hope so! I'm hibernating in my livingroom with my window a/c on. It's very hot and hazy humid in western mass...

Hope you're all having a great time!!!!!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Hope all you guys have an excellent time tonight. MICHAEL HORSE!!! That's awesome. :D
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Any reports on the festival? How did it go? Please POST PICTURES!!!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Annie wrote:Any reports on the festival? How did it go? Please POST PICTURES!!!
And share STORIES from the guest!!! :lol:
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

traveling back today and will update later. Trying to remember everything.

as usual, all the celebs were wonderful. Just really nice down to earth people.

but more importantly, I did sit next to Bob Engels for what had to be over an hour. It was like story time for a five year old, or me like a puppy waiting on every word that came out of his mouth-'yes, master! more stories! more stories!"
The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Post by The_Owl »

anyone still there for a cup of coffee ?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

the fest team outdid themselves again. great turnout -and so many new people traveling from so far away.

For anyone that's gone, and for those that haven't, the celebs are always a delight. Personable, approachable, truly interested and excited to be there.

Seeing Phoebe and her husband Steve are always a pleasure and it's like meeting up with old high school friends. I love them.

I was fortunate to sit with Al during a dinner before the film, and it was surreal. Terrific guy.

I'd see Michael Horse outside my balcony every morning, and just smile. That man is fantastic.

But I have to say, I think i want to be adopted by the Engels. I fell in love with Jill right away -and could talk and laugh with her for hours. I miss her already.

I was a little subdued this year -wasn't geared up into the Peaks mindset. And then it finally all went into highgear while talking to Bob at the picnic. (it's already getting hazy on the details, so I'll try to remember better later)

*again, i can't stress it enough -if you love this show, you can't go wrong in attending a fest.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Thanks for the kind words, Audrey!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

The Q&A is available on YouTube in three parts, starting here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV_pOGra8KA

Bob Engels has some interesting things to say about "20 minutes" of missing footage from David Bowie in the hotel in FWWM. He talks about how they set the corridor in the hallway on fire for the scene when Philip Jeffries "travels" and -- if I'm not mistaken, kinda hard to hear in parts -- says that a scene with Philip Jeffries and Judy in a hotel room was filmed. And... is he saying Joan Chen played the role?

Just yesterday, I noticed this quote from David Bowie on the FWWM wiki page: "They crammed me. I did all my scenes in four or five days, because I was in rehearsals for the 1991 Tin Machine tour. I was there for only a few days."

Four or five days of filming sounds intriguing. What wound up in the movie looks like it could have been shot in one day.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I'll try to remember more of all the details he told me -but here's a doozy.

Judy is another one of the victims Earle took to the Black Lodge!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Audrey Horne wrote:I'll try to remember more of all the details he told me -but here's a doozy.

Judy is another one of the victims Earle took to the Black Lodge!
Eeek! I wonder if David was on board with that, or if it was just one of Bob's ideas. David always seems to distance himself from the Windom Earle character any time it's brought up.

Kenneth Welsh said he was never asked to be in FWWM, right?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

okay, these are some of the things off the top of my head-

(brad was around for some of this, so maybe his memory will be better than mine)

There were no plans on Peaks to become a series of movies.

Most likely, all the key players would have survived the finale (Pete, Ben, Audrey, Cooper)- although, he then said in some form. A funny story he said was one of the actors came to him and said, "you know I just bought a house, right?" I chided him that he must enjoy playing God.

They realized someone was leaking info to the tabloids like the National Enquirer and proceeded to number the scripts- later they found out it was someone in the costume department.

The finale was never written as a series finale, but merely as a way you work in television, planning for the next season.

Yes, it all came down to Lara pressuring Kyle (at least from Engels point of view)

someone asked if Audrey was intended to be the one taken to the Lodge. He said they didn't get that far, but yes when beginning the second season it was setup for the Cooper/Audrey/Windom Earle for after the LP solution.

Yes, Wheeler and Annie were both brought in and were the same story because Cooper and Audrey each needed that type of arc -and said it was a mess.

I talked to him one on one about the A&C stuff -he said it all came out even after they had started filming the second season. He pointed out also how kyle had no problem with it while they were shooting the first season. When I asked about the solution of LP out of the way and the Cooper/Audrey plot dropped was he worried. He said yes(!) They knew that those two characters were popular and worked great and it would be foolish to jetison it.

Fenn and Boyle were competitive when doing scenes together. Fenn was older and established, Boyle was being managered by her mother and working her way up the business. Boyle would stand by him and talk about her lighting, then Fenn would sit in his lap- both charming him to get better shots.

yes, ABC demanded after the first season finale that the murderer had to be revealved in the premiere. To fudge this, they thought they could get away with just the BOB killing Laura scene and then keep going with everyone a suspect. ABC didn't like that, and the hammer came down harder!

Engels said he knew who killed Laura as soon as he was brought on- first episode after the pilot. His wife Jill knew also. (the killer being Leland -the BOB stuff I think he said was later on for him)
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Thanks. No photos surfaced yet?