The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by Jerry Horne »

2012 Twin Peaks Fest

August 3rd thru 5th

Confirmed guests thus far:

Jennifer Lynch
Phoebe Augustine
Michael Horse
Charlotte Stewart

The film night movie will be:

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Please visit the Fest website at:

http://twinpeaksfest.com/
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Double R
Roadhouse Member

Re: The 2012 Twin Peaks Fest

Post by The Double R »

Cool. Thanks Jerry
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

How great it sounds :D

Well it's just that August 2nd is the time the baby should get born, that's gonna be tough!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I really REALLY hope the organizers invite Harry Goaz this year.
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

I am going to try my absolute hardest to save money for this, but my chances are depressingly slim.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

RE: Harry Goaz.

We are in continuous touch with him as he has become a friend to many of us, but if you want an honest response, he is not interested in the festival at this time. He has his own personal reasons and we are respecting that rather than harassing him in public on Facebook as I am seeing many people do. He may be interested in a couple of years, or he may not be. Please remember that not everyone wants to continuously visit their past projects. (Richard Beymer and Michael Ontkean are two examples - both have very graciously declined fest invites citing desire to not dwell on past work) Right now he's just enjoying his current interests and meeting new friends.

We are in touch with two celebrities at the moment and are working to get them firmly pencil in for the fest. If all goes well, they will be announced within the next week or so.
"It's good to want things..."
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Thanks for the update Amanda. Glad I can make it back this year. Pained me greatly to miss last year!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Michael Horse and Charlotte Stewart to attend!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Yaaay! Glad to hear. I will be there! Hope some of y'all can make it.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Brad! And anyone who may still be on the fence! Don't forget to buy your ticket. We are almost sold out, and will most likely be by the end of this week!

Just to spread the word some more because I don't think enough folks caught this, but the film night this year will be held at the North Bend Theater, where Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me originally premiered 20 years ago! Fans have asked for it repeatedly and this year we were finally able to deliver. :) Hooray!

Still working on more celebs...always the stressful part. It's like waiting for a baby to be born, I swear. Pacing by the phone is definitely my least favorite part of running the fest... :shock:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

argh I have waited way too long. getting tickets today...

i am curious - will you guys get an actual theatrical print for this screening? that would be freaking incredible, especially with all of the audio/video discrepancies that have happened since the original print :)
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

We are working hard to try and get a theatrical print of the film. Backup plan is digital of course, but our rep at the theater is working to get us film first. The one thing making this super difficult for us is that the NBT is a single-reel system and usually just splices together any multi-reel films that come their way. However, finding a distributor who is willing to let them splice FWWM is proving harder than we thought. :(

On a positive note: NO SWEATING DURING THE ENTIRETY OF THE FILM NIGHT. Man, the air system at the SAM is ridiculous. That's why I stopped sticking around for the feature film. :(
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

If my wife bears our child on the date that the doctors have estimated (1 or 2 August), and she is still in hospital during the fest time, then I will join you mentally and watch Fire Walk With Me simultaneously with you at home after coming back from hospital :D

If she is already back, then do it I will not! :wink:

Oh wait, time difference... your evening is early morning here... so it would have to be not exactly simultaneously... well anyway, I can do it Friday night or Saturday night and pretend there is no time difference!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Very interesting! thanks for all you do, Amanda. good luck finding a reel...that'd be quite a collector's item.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

It looks like Swank Motion Pictures (swank.com) may have a 35mm print for rent of Fire Walk With Me. I noticed it in their inventory when I was looking to rent a different title. Hope that helps!