Twin Peaks wiki

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

gentlegiant

Twin Peaks wiki

Post by gentlegiant »

Hello all, it occurred to me a few weeks ago that a wiki would be the ultimate tool for accumulating the wealth of knowledge and opinions on TP ... so, to that end, I've set up www.twinpeakswiki.com. It's only been up a day and I've only had time to do some very barebones stuff (cast of characters, episode list). My next task is to write episode summaries as I work through the whole series again.

Needless to say, if you feel like taking part, your help would be appreciated!

James
Pierre Tremond

Post by Pierre Tremond »

Very cool idea. If we want to post, do we just add to the site, basically? And then you just confirm what's "fact" or not? Would we consider information from the Dale Cooper Autobiography/Laura Palmer Diary as cannon? What about the Access Guide to the Town? I have all of these. I certainly have most of the series memorized already, but would have the DVDs to fall back on as well....
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

This is not a bad idea. I was recently reading the Wikipedia entry on TP and there is a lot of misinformation on it, especially about the behind the scenes history of the show (There are no sources sited to back up some of the author's claims).

It would be nice to build an in-depth online guide, as long as the information is kept accurate and supported.
gentlegiant

Post by gentlegiant »

It would be a team effort - the very nature of a wiki is that anybody can edit it, and the people who care about it police it for vandalism, misinformation, etc. Once again, anyone who wants to contribute is welcome.

The way I see it, the things it needs the most:

* Episode summaries
* Character overviews

Cheers,
James
gentlegiant

Post by gentlegiant »

On the topic of episode summaries: does anybody here have contact info for the folks at Twin Peaks Gazette? They have some great episode summaries there, and it would be wonderful if we could get permission to use them as a starting point ...
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Most of the episode summaries at the Gazette were written by the site's owner, Jordan.

You can PM him or his wife, "superducky."
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

The Wiki idea is wonderful, James! Everyone can pitch in; I knew there was something on there, but it's not good, eh?

If you don't want to join the Gazette, you can email them at jorkel@2000revue.com (the owners of the board are Jordan & Kelly.)

Also, try www.twinpeaks.org, www.interstate95.com/twinpeaks (it's 75% mine, so you have my permission to take whatever you need.) And look at the links for other places here at the front page of Dugpa.com; I think all of those are there.

And our local expert is Mr. Dugpa himself, so you can always pm him!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
gentlegiant

Post by gentlegiant »

Wonderful - thanks, all!

James
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Great idea James, and one I'll definitely contribute soon as I have time away from college work. It would do well to take note of the proper format and style of articles (such as creating categories) from Wikipedia and other Wikis.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I would add that Wrapped In Plastic magazine had the best ep summaries. John has logged in here a couple of times. Maybe there is some way to get John and Craig to upload their stuff. Heck, they could build the thing themselves! Over the years they've interviewed hundreds of millions of people associated with the show. Maybe I was exaggerating, tens of millions of people associated with the show. They not only interviewed DL and Mark Frost over and over and over, but the actors for the major characters and everybody else! John:Hey you played a minor character in 4 eps, what was it like? Minor character:it was the best! Or Craig: you were key grip for the last half of the 2nd season, tell me about it? Key grip: I did lots of heavy lifting. See? There is a wealth of info there. A varitible mine of knowledge ripe for the picking.

What was I talking about?
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

All I have to add is that's brilliant, Mr. Sloclub! What a great resource!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Oooh! Wiki...good idea!

Might want to join forces with Gordon, the gentleman who started a TP Wiki last summer, located here:

http://twinpeaks.elwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

He's got a little bit of info filled in already. I know folks said they'd help out in adding to it but of course, middle of summer, everyone is busy with vacations. :)

It would be nice to one day have a TP Wiki that is as extensive as Memory Alpha is for the Trek community. :D
"It's good to want things..."