Twin Peaks Star Cards Question

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Double R
Roadhouse Member

Twin Peaks Star Cards Question

Post by The Double R »

I hope this isn't off topic, but I know in the past there was a thread posted about people trying to make a quick buck off fake trading cards.

I've looked online to find matching signatures and I am skeptical on the Michael Ontkean and Miguel Ferrer. Can someone with a greater knowledge than me give their opinion. I am not sure how many of these were signed back in the day. I was considering bidding. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWIN-PEAKS-Star ... 500wt_1291

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWIN-PEAKS-1991 ... 500wt_1291

thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

wierd, twin peaks starpics cards help anyone

Post by thegreatnorthern »

so I bought those boxed and sealed twin peaks starpics cards off ebay years ago, kept it sealed and never opened it - but decided to just now.
the clear cellaphane wrapper was sealed and has Star Pics patterned all over it so I know its authentic, anyway when I slowly opened
the pack I noticed the first card in the front, when slid out the box was the david lynch card, but it was signed in blue marker with a gold seal,
anyone else get this ..? I just thought ..wierd

I have another a second sealed pack ( I bought two ) but not sure if I should open it..
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Star Cards Question

thanks for the help, but I don't think its fake, I bought the sealed box of cards and they have remained sealed for about 5 years now, the box number is #03777
the david lynch card is signed in blue with 5 continuous dots beneath the signature, the marker color is royal blue, the little gold seal is on the card too, did anyone else get a david lynch signed starpics card ??
I have a second sealed box that I haven't opened yet, a little freaked out by the first box
apparently finding a david lynch signed card is believed by some to be impossible,
and others rarer than winning the 500M Powerball lottery, so I was stunned to find
out after I pulled the signed dl card out of the pack, that it was so rare

I read a post by bruce phillips, and he indicated that this is an ongoing mystery, and that dl may have signed less than 10 or so cards..
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=465
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

That card could be a very cool and rare card. Can you upload a picture of it please_!
Roomservice...
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

I will as soon as i get home
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Here is a pic, I haven't yet taken the cards out of the box, and you can see they appear to come wrapped
in a paper banding, also the starpics logo on the clear cellaphane wrapper barely shows in this pic, but the
sealed clear wrapping, has "Star Pics Inc." stamped all over it.

Its weird because, I've never collected autographs, or the cards for that matter, but I did have these sealed
box of cards in my twin peaks collection, and decided it was finally time to open the cards and put them in
my thick twin peaks 3 ring binder, where I have all my postcards, memorabilia, photos, etc. and I recently
got some clear plastic card storage sleeves for cards, so thought it was a good time to finally open them up ..

So imagine my surprise when I found this card!
Attachments
dlautograph.jpg
dlautograph.jpg (189.32 KiB) Viewed 18330 times
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Attachments
dlautographpacksealed.jpg
dlautographpacksealed.jpg (182.41 KiB) Viewed 18313 times
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Priceless!
Roomservice...
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

Very, very interesting. Not only is there much controversy surrounding whether Lynch signed any cards (most people are convinced that he did not), there's also been little proof that any of the signed cards were actually inserted in the boxed sets. Amazing find!
thegreatnorthern
RR Diner Member

Thanks, I was shocked to find it and even more surprised to find out how rare it is
kinda felt like an early christmas gift from david lynch
did anyone else get one?
Twinpeaksgame

Post by Twinpeaksgame »

Cool cards... I got my videocamera bag signed by David Lynch in person at Venice film festival (in Italy) for the Inland Empire Premiere, and a hand shake... :)

I was like Pete Martell watching Josie, very close, I SEE YOU NOW...
Last edited by Twinpeaksgame on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cat butt

Post by cat butt »

This post inspired me to pick up my first sealed Star Cards pack, I recorded the process of opening the pack in case anything momentous happened. It didn't :lol: The cards are great, I probably overpaid but no regrets, I have a stack of cards to poke through now and some trivia questions that I didn't know the answers to.

The card that I assume would have been in the place of the signed card was a filler advertisement card instead, sitting loose outside of the 'StarPics' band that was wrapped around the rest of the cards. The writing on the side of the box says "If your set contains a hand-signed card, call us at (313) 851 PICS to register your autograph." I tried calling but a nice couple told me that they were unable to complete my call at this time, and that I should try again later. Their connection was very bad and full of static, the lady only spoke spanish so I wasn't sure what she was asking me to do, and the man spoke some mysterious numbers at the end of the message that were partly garbled - "12 *** 551". Maybe I will take their advice and try again tomorrow.

I also noticed while I was investigating the pack that there were writing indentations on the front of the pack, just lightly pressed into the Twin Peaks sign :) Holding the pack at an angle to the light it looks like someone sold it for $10.00 once upon a time :mrgreen: Mysteries within mysteries.

Hey, my phone just rang. That's a little weird.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

I have the boxed one, but also have the foiled one, and never opened it (the foiled one), so my question, hmm should i open it? I had that one for along time, and I was tempted to open it but yet again leave alone.
Beckster24

Post by Beckster24 »

This has inspired me to get a box of these, any places I should get one from? love to get the Lynch auto
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

There are a couple right now on ebay!
Roomservice...