Gameboard about Twin Peaks? Help needed!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

perno
Roadhouse Member

Help needed for my Twin Peaks Board Game!

Post by perno »

Hello folks...

I haven't posted here for a while. Last time I came here, I told you about a board game about Twin Peaks. At this time, every thing was ok. It's a little more complicated now...

Let's go back for a while...

I've been working on this game for nearly 2 years now with a little board game publisher. During this time, I got two board games published with another publisher. The publisher I work with on TP has made a really good job, improving my game with me. I have to say I and my publisher are French (and living in France) to add to the problem...

Now, the game is finished. Neither of us can see what we could improve at this time. But, there is always a 'but' in the air, there are a couple of problems:

1° the game has grown too big. At the very beginning, there were only 100 cards, nothing else. Now, the game's bigger. There is a board game, cards, pawns, die... Far more expensive and my publisher would take a huge risk to publish it as its first game.

2° the game would miss something: a strong background. At first, we thought about using a similar TP background but without TP of course. But now, as the game is bigger and more expensive, we would need a stronger background: one we could think of or, in my wildest dream, an official TP setting.

This is where I need your help.
I'd love to make an official TP game but I don't know what to do to have the proper rights. Who do I have to contact? Who has the rights for this kind of product?

I know there is very little chance this could work (I guess the rights' owner will ask for far too much money...) but I have to try.
So, if you know who I have to contact, I'd like your help. I would be happy to give you my email address so you could give it to someone in charge unless you can give some address right away. Just contact me with a PM.
You can also check my Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/frederic.perno) to get in touch if you like.

I know that there's already been a gameboard about TP. I don't know it very well, but for what I've seen, it is not that good.
I hope mine is (far) better. It's a game made by a fan for fans and by a fan who is also a real game designer. It's not just something made to earn a lot of money using a known movie title.

I'm almost sure that you would love the game (if you like boardgame of course...)

It's a very personnal work. A lot of work. I would be very disappointed if this game was to be forgotten or if I had to publish it with a very different setting. I hope someone will be able to help me. As I've said before, I don't really hope it will work but I have to try.

If you have any question about the project, the game, me or whatever, just ask. :)
I epoh uoy nac dnatsrednu ym hsilgnE.