New Interviews with Julee Cruise, Harley Peyton, and more!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: New Interviews with Julee Cruise, Harley Peyton, and mor

Post by Audrey Horne »

It was just a refreshing read. There's something about his writing that I really, really like. I know I'd always would get excited when his name was in the credits. (I think it was he who talked about being influenced by early Hollywood and Preston Sturges films -and it shows).

I think his insight into the acceleration and the humor is spot-on, as well as his owning up to the missteps- and of course, reinforcing your belief that those first seven episodes are "perfect fucking episodes!" -and that they should have constantly referred to those as templates.

His feeling about FWWM are pretty much the same as I feel.

great work! (on this one, and all the past ones as well) I'm in awe.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

Audrey wasn't a fetishised sex object! She was Wonder Woman in saddle shoes. I loved Audrey to the bitter end, in spite of the changes they made to her character.

Sheryl Lee is hands down my favourite Twin Peaks actor. And she seems like one of the saner cast members.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Harley Peyton is your best interview yet, Brad. A really wonderful, informative look at what life was like the offices over the set, the internal politics, etc. What's interesting is that Peyton actually makes it sound like Lynch himself was actually MORE involved in the second season than the first, contrary to what we so often hear. But it's those little details, about Lynch being late in reading the scripts and giving notes, discovering Robyn Lively at DuPars, etc. that make the interview so rich.

Keep 'em coming!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Also, definitely feels to me like Bob ended up being more "David's guy," while Harley was more "Mark's guy."
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

to clarify -Robyn Lively was no way discovered in a diner. She came from a family of working siblings -her brother played one of the Rustys in the Vacation movies. And Robyn had already starred in Teen Witch.

Maybe Lynch met her in a diner and they hit it off.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Audrey Horne wrote:to clarify -Robyn Lively was no way discovered in a diner. She came from a family of working siblings -her brother played one of the Rustys in the Vacation movies. And Robyn had already starred in Teen Witch.

Maybe Lynch met her in a diner and they hit it off.
Audrey, I looked into that as well. I'm also guessing he saw her there and said "hey be in my show". She had quite a few credits before 90/91.

Also - NME picked up on my interview with Harley! pretty cool.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

TheArm wrote:Harley Peyton is your best interview yet, Brad. A really wonderful, informative look at what life was like the offices over the set, the internal politics, etc. What's interesting is that Peyton actually makes it sound like Lynch himself was actually MORE involved in the second season than the first, contrary to what we so often hear. But it's those little details, about Lynch being late in reading the scripts and giving notes, discovering Robyn Lively at DuPars, etc. that make the interview so rich.

Keep 'em coming!
If anything, it's the one of the more frank accounts I've heard of working on the set. I think Lynch was probably very involved up until episode 14, but after that I really feel like he was out of the picture until the show got put on hiatus. Then again, he sat in on the casting of Evelyn's role, while Kenneth Welsh acted like Lynch had nothing to do with the show until the finale. But really, has anyone ever told the same story about this matter?! I would really like to know at which point Frost went off to do Storyville, as well as when they had "the talk" with Kyle.

Glad you enjoyed it!!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

new interview up today with Ian Buchanan...Dick Tremayne himself!

Guess who was his pizza boy pre-Twin Peaks?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

today - new interview up with Brett Vadset - aka Joey Paulson!!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:today - new interview up with Brett Vadset - aka Joey Paulson!!!!
Awesome! Thanks Brad!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Nice one Brad! You are THE MAN!! Your interviews are great. For a while I had thought Brett was the one who had passed away, but that was one of the other bikers.

Any movement on the Kinny interview? :D
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Ross wrote:Nice one Brad! You are THE MAN!! Your interviews are great. For a while I had thought Brett was the one who had passed away, but that was one of the other bikers.

Any movement on the Kinny interview? :D
Ross, I know you want to hear it! I really want to ask Kinny some more questions to make it as good as can be, but i might have to just run with what i've got. it will happen, i promise!...soon.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Brad, that was a really great interview. He seems like a real sound guy. Shame he couldn't remember what the cut scenes were with James in the bookhouse, but it's quite a while ago now i guess!