The Black Lodge Encyclopedia returns!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Sourdust

The Black Lodge Encyclopedia returns!

Post by Sourdust »

Some of the people from Twin Peaks Gazette will remember the series of articles called the Black Lodge Encyclopedia. This was a collaborative effort aimed at bringing together the many thoughts and theories regarding the Twin Peaks mythology. Since the board shutdown some time ago, I've received requests to repost these articles in some form of another. Some have appeared on the EndofMedia website but many were lost to public access when the forum closed.

Anyway, long story short: the project is still alive and in the process of receiving a proper revamp. I'm currently revising all the old articles (I retained the original text files) and putting them together in a single PDF text. As I have much work to do (I'm a Ph.D. student in psychology), there's no saying when this will be finished, but here's to let you know that I'm working on it.

To get an idea of what the new version will look like, in attachment are some example pages of the first chapter on The Man From Another Place. Enjoy!
Attachments
BLE_16_18.pdf
BLE_MFAP
(447.26 KiB) Downloaded 743 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: The Black Lodge Encyclopedia returns!

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm so looking forward to this!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Sourdust

Post by Sourdust »

Dear TP fans, this project is not dead yet! Expect something soon...
Dustin DeWinn

Post by Dustin DeWinn »

One company I like is Wikia because they have a whole site dedicated to pretty much every pop culture THING, and everything about it, often more comprehensive than Wikipedia. The "Breaking Bad" one, which I've contributed to, has geekier things like a Death counter, who killed who, songs for each episode, and other bits of trivia. The Muppets one is another huge thing. I haven't spent much time on the Twin Peaks one, but here it is...

http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Peaks_Wiki

I don't know who here has contributed, but this should be added to it. Also, maybe we can work more on it? It needs a lot of work and an overhaul IMO. Then again, I don't know what kind of traffic it gets. BB is hot right now, so the work has been put in, but if it were a page that gets not a lot of visitors, then meh...

I'll be honest, though. There is only one reason why I joined this forum, and only one thing I care about. And that is the goddamn F**KING deleted scenes and the forthcoming BluRay, which better f**king have them.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

I really like this idea and I'm hoping it will incorporate comments by Bob Engels and others about the true nature of the Black Lodge characters.
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Post by skawitch »

Really glad to hear this - the Black Lodge Encyclopedia was absolutely fantastic & one of my favourite parts of TPG
Bookhouse Boy

Post by Bookhouse Boy »

Did this topic get abadoned? I'm quite new to Twin Peaks and this looks extremely interesting.
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

I'm very excited to hear about the Black Lodge Encyclopedia returning and being revamped into a PDF book! Having just watched the Missing Pieces and hearing about season 3, I can say this project is definitely worth the undertaking, and the mythology is expanding. I see there are many similar threads here that I have to catch up on as well. Let's Rock! :twisted:

I archived the BLE threads in 2011, includes all the original pictures. Here's the download
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/931 ... lopedia.7z
The black dog runs at night.