Twin Peaks Fan Edit on Season 2

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mysterioso

Re: Twin Peaks Fan Edit

Post by Mysterioso »

I am still looking to find Twin Peaks fans who have skills in Adbe Photoshop and Adobe After effects. I am try to do single Episode edit by end of the year.

If you are interest, please send me a PM.
SonnyBaker

Post by SonnyBaker »

If all goes well, you should take a shot at FWWM. You could add Laura and Coop's dream, fix Palmer house interior/exterior, use footage from Laura's original death from the series, superimpose Lara Flynn Boyle's face, maybe add the series ending just before the final scene...it'd be amazing.

Has Graham ever played a character that ends up in a hospital? That might be very useful... ;)
Are we falling in love?
Mysterioso

Post by Mysterioso »

I'm consider this but first to find other Twin Peaks fans that are good in Adobe After Effects or Photoshop. It is large amount of work to edit frame by frame. But I will try in some time.
SonnyBaker

Post by SonnyBaker »

A general FWWM edit might be a tad easier than cleaning up the mess known as the second half of season two. Maybe something like this could be done with Laura's death (feels kind of strange though):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaX-rjOmEiE
Are we falling in love?
Mysterioso

Post by Mysterioso »

I like it. Only problem is the hair is too different. In Series it is looking wet. In FWWM hair is too big to matching.

I will try FWWM But to do right will take many months.
Mysterioso

Post by Mysterioso »

I am still work to complete my first edit of Twin Peaks series. I am do episode 29 but it is larger effort than originally envisioned.

I am still hope for help from those that want to contribute. Already many have and I am thankful. All who contribute will get digital copy of completed work.

Please PM if you have good detail photoshop skills and are willing to help me complete a few frames for reference.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Reviving this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Makes for interesting reading.
dugpa wrote:Very interesting. What other cuts were done for narrative?

I never thought about it but less is more when dealing with Windom Earle. He is much scarier in Episode 29 than in previous episodes.
I'm not a big Windom fan; that said he has a few menacing moments scattered throughout. Here's what comes to mind

-his visit to Donna's house (creepy, because he genuinely comes off like a nice old guy instead of scenery-chewing hambone; your mind kind of does a double take when you remember this is a psychopath in disguise). This scene could be really effective if we watched it without knowing what Windom looked like, and only realized AFTER who he was.

-some of the stuff in episode 27 (particularly when he's snapping at Maj. Briggs); Stephen Gyllenhaal brings out the more unhinged side of Kenneth Walsh's performance. Also, Lynch's idea that Windom should always be in black (when he's not in disguise) really comes through this time. Although this episode does include the horse costume.

-the white face/black teeth shot in the second scene of ep. 28. By far the highlight of the episode and also for me the single scariest Windom Earle moment.

-and yes, I love Lynch's treatment of the character. Emphasizes the ridiculousness (flashlight under the chin: "I...am Windom Earle") instead of skirting it, but also makes him look genuinely crazy - that deranged expression on his face as he drags Annie through the woods. I think that's one of my biggest complaints about the character: too often he seems like a really smart and pompous sociopath, your garden variety comic-book villain, but when it actually seems like the guy has a few screws loose, it's more unsettling.
Ajax Rules
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks Fan Edit on Season 2

Post by Ajax Rules »

@Mysterioso: How is it going with this project? I'm very interested in your progress!
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: Twin Peaks Fan Edit on Season 2

Post by marchug »

Any links out there that work? I would love to take a look at this!
-23-