Deleted Scenes from the TV Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Deleted Scenes from the TV Series

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:way to go, Jerry! I've never seen a hint of that or knew it was filmed. This is Donna before the great, big funeral hat.

*never heard of a flashback scene- know when it would have been used?
Thanks Audrey.

Sam is referring to the flashback scene of Laura giving James the other half of the Necklace.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

I've never heard of the scenes mentioned by Sam. Is there any chance we will see them on the upcoming release?
Also can anybody tell me, does the deleted scene of James and Laura represent some sort of extended scene we see in ep.1 in the series?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

nemo wrote:I've never heard of the scenes mentioned by Sam. Is there any chance we will see them on the upcoming release?
Also can anybody tell me, does the deleted scene of James and Laura represent some sort of extended scene we see in ep.1 in the series?
Yes nemo, it was an extension or alternate take of the scene Laura gives James the other half of the heart.
From all the deleted scenes screened in the 2001 Festival, I think this one and Norma and Shelly talking are the only ones that didn't made it to the Gold Box.
They also screened a few outtakes of Cooper being shot at the Great Northern, and if I'm not mistaken, of Donna and James talking in the dark living room after the Haywards went to bed (ep 2).

I also don't remember that scene of Cooper and Truman asking Dr. Jacoby about Johnny's condition.

Was anyone here also at the 2001 festival to confirm this? It's been a long time.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

So does anyone know if the scene of Johnny Horne in episode 25 was actually just deleted material/unused footage from way back in episode 1? Since we see something very similar in the deleted Jacoby/Cooper scene from ep 1 (on the Gold box).

Both episodes were directed by Duwayne Dunham.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

Yes nemo, it was an extension or alternate take of the scene Laura gives James the other half of the heart.
I'm completely intrigued by the existence of an alternate take/extention of that scene. I love that particular scene very much because of its emotional intensity, of the way how it was executed using minimum of means. I like how elegantly the enigmatic image of Laura was brought into the series in general. And her look and expression in that scene were fantastic...One part of me is convinced, that Lynch tore off the shroud of mystery of Laura in FWWM, making her image more accessible and simplifying it to some extent, so I believe, that the series is definitely matchless in this way. Although I love the film as much as the series. I hope, the Bluray release will include those scenes or they will appear elsewhere.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

nemo wrote: I like how elegantly the enigmatic image of Laura was brought into the series in general. And her look and expression in that scene were fantastic...One part of me is convinced, that Lynch tore off the shroud of mystery of Laura in FWWM, making her image more accessible and simplifying it to some extent, so I believe, that the series is definitely matchless in this way. Although I love the film as much as the series. I hope, the Bluray release will include those scenes or they will appear elsewhere.
Totally agree with you here nemo. As much as I love FWWM, I think showing Laura alive and details of her last week kind of ruined the mystery. Some things work better only in our imagination and part of her charm was that we only knew her from pictures, flashbacks, dreams and stories of others.

About the deleted scene, it's a very quick scene, nothing memorable. It's been 14 years so I can't remember more details, sorry.
Still don't understand why Lynch and Frost decided to left this scene and the Shelly & Norma scene out of the Gold Box.
Maybe we'll see them now in the new set, as I already read it won't feature a lot of deleted material from the show :/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Here's a pic of the James and Laura deleted scene :)
Attachments
10392168_189748845850_6985444_n.jpg
10392168_189748845850_6985444_n.jpg (22.4 KiB) Viewed 9344 times
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

Ohh...the screenshot is great, Sam! Can you tell me, from which resource it comes? I really hope to see this scene one day. I wonder, which new deleted scenes from the series if not those you were talking about will be included then :?: Anyway the deleted scenes from Fire Walk With Me will be the complete satisfaction of my appetite. :D
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Here's a pic of the James and Laura deleted scene :)
Upside down :wink:
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Pieter wrote:
Upside down :wink:
Yep, I flipped so he could see their faces
Here's the original
Attachments
10392168_189748845850_6985444_n.jpg
10392168_189748845850_6985444_n.jpg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 9264 times
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I don't see it mentioned in this thread-

The script for ep 16 has a scene which takes place in between Donna hearing that Maddy is missing (at the Palmer's) and her telling James that Maddy is dead, in which Doc Hayward actually tells Donna that Maddy has been killed by the same killer! The televised version sort of implies Donna intuits this (or you assume she received confirmation offscreen).
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

I've just realized, that those mentioned scenes can be found on the DVD-compilation, which was once uploaded here:
http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... it=torrent

I have this compilation on my old computer, but I've never watched it due to my promise not to watch anything from TWIN PEAKS until the deleted scenes from FWWM are out. On the other hand I can't even take a look at what is inside this compilation now because of some minor hardware problems.
Last edited by nemo on Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

To answer your question nemo, the Laura & James cap was sent to me by a friend who got the scene on a torrent of deleted scenes from the show. It seems it's the same one you have then :)
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:I don't see it mentioned in this thread-

The script for ep 16 has a scene which takes place in between Donna hearing that Maddy is missing (at the Palmer's) and her telling James that Maddy is dead, in which Doc Hayward actually tells Donna that Maddy has been killed by the same killer! The televised version sort of implies Donna intuits this (or you assume she received confirmation offscreen).
I have no idea why nobody ever made full list of the scripted/deleted scens from the series?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Deleted (changed) Shelly/Bobby scene from episode 27: An earlier, alternate version of the "speech" scene that appears in the episode (at the RR). It was re-written and re-shot during the filming of ep 27.
Attachments
Screen%20shot%202014-06-24%20at%207.50.55%20AM.png
Screen%20shot%202014-06-24%20at%207.50.55%20AM.png (282.33 KiB) Viewed 9129 times