Twin Peaks, WA, today

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks, WA, today

Post by The_Owl »

Thanks guys, et merci Dale ;)

So I'm back in Vancouver, and as I said earlier I noticed some major changes since last time I went there (summer 2011) :

The Fat Trout Trailer Park is gone, RIP.
They even removed the creepy phone pole.

Teresa Banks is memory, as is her trailer. But I'm sure this spot is still haunted

First Time I went to Twin Peaks, almost 2 years ago, I spent my time driving on the small roads (200 miles in just 2 days), searching for the locations. A very strange feeling, especially at night when you prepare yourself to see Bob coming out the woods, or interrupt Leo dealing with Bobby and Mike on a service road. I was very proud to be able to find almost everything by myself (i discovered later Charle's website), and even more after that to realize I found 2 unmarked locations from FWWM : The Airport and the School Bus (see pictures above).

if the airport is still there, the track waiting for agent Desmond to land,

, unfortunately the Bus is gone :( I just found theses ashes at the exact spot where the bus was. I doubt it comes from the bus, but the coincidence is "funny".

Another change : Hap's Diner.
The Fall City Grill is now the Fall City Bistro, and they changed the paint color :(

Damn, even the Mount Si is gone !

The Ronette's Bridge, different angle

Some grafittis on the bridge

I left my mark, it should stand a couple of days...

I was able to move around The Packard Mill, for different angles

Hard to believe when you see it now, but the Snoqualmie Mill was actually one of the largest in the world. It was covering the entire field.

"Shorty, tell the boys to pull the plug"

A last stop at the sign spot. Mt Si is back, yay !

After a yummy breakfast at the Roadhouse (so much better than Twede's by the way), it's time to leave Twin Peaks, by the Big Ed's Gas Farm.
Still no drapes at the window...

And then something very strange happened. When I went back to the car, the Doors were playing "the unknown soldier", repeating "It's all over, it's all over", and the radio was displaying this (no joke, I still can't understand why or how but it just happened at this exact moment)

I'm addicted to this place. The atmosphere is so special... You really can feel that some things happens at night in the woods.
Some day, I'm sure a kid will find the Owl Cave entrance, just as the young french in Lascaux in the 40's.
Some businesses and places for sale. I wish I could have a green card and some money. I would buy Mo's, open "The Black Lodge Café" with a TP museum at the back :)

Until this moment happens, I'll just be back again...
Last edited by The_Owl on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I love the graffitis on the bridge... :D
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

The graffiti on the bridge gave me such an awesome feeling, I absolutely love these pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

I LOVE the photos of the 'packard mill'. Thanx!!
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

God I love Snoqualmie. I was just there a few months ago, for the 2nd time in my life. It struck me that if you're going to head-over-heels obsessed with a TV show or a film, how lucky are we that we actually have the opportunity to go to a specific place and can immerse ourselves in it? And that even after 20+ years, it's all still so very evocative of the show/movie? If you're a Star Trek fan, you can't exactly take a weekend trip to the Enterprise. But we're so fortunate that we can actually go hang out in Twin Peaks!

Now if only they'd get rid of all of those damn tweetie birds in the diner...
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Post by The_Owl »

actually, there's only one left... good start !
now it would be : if only coffee and food could be good !
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

I can't ever remember seeing anyones vaccation photos that I acutally enjoyed viewing before seeing these, Brilliant! Thanks so much for taking these, it's really nice to be updated.
I'm suprised in all honesty how little things have changed (I mean that in a good way), I had a nasty feeling that half the TP locations would have been bulldozed by now.
The graffiti on the bridge is a great tribute to TP, good to see it's not all forgotten - I'm suprised there aren't plaques everywhere, I know I'd want to honour and remember such a great show being made in my home town. Do you see many references to TP other than the couple that feature in your pics (the mural on the wall and the plaque near the Lauras log)?
Thankyou! :D
snoghumangerm
Roadhouse Member

Post by snoghumangerm »

The northwest is a lush as new England. Oh, man, all those pines !!! Just gorgeous...

The owl, Thanx again for all the photos! It's a great thread.
snoghumangerm
Roadhouse Member

Post by snoghumangerm »

TheArm wrote:God I love Snoqualmie. I was just there a few months ago, for the 2nd time in my life. It struck me that if you're going to head-over-heels obsessed with a TV show or a film, how lucky are we that we actually have the opportunity to go to a specific place and can immerse ourselves in it? And that even after 20+ years, it's all still so very evocative of the show/movie? If you're a Star Trek fan, you can't exactly take a weekend trip to the Enterprise. But we're so fortunate that we can actually go hang out in Twin Peaks!

Now if only they'd get rid of all of those damn tweetie birds in the diner...
Agreed! I feel the same way. I'd love to see snoqualmie some day; however, travel is difficult for me. Lol, perhaps some one can drive me out in their airstream...
Leo K
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leo K »

My wife and I were able to see Snoqualmie the same time the TP festival was going on, it was an amazing first time visit, the place is like holy ground to us, I wasn't able to visit all the locations so your photos are very welcome, thanks for posting them!
MargaretLanternman

Post by MargaretLanternman »

I love the pics, excellent shots! I love how the bridge graffiti is all "on-topic" with the phenomenon that occurred there in 22 years ago :lol:
The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Post by The_Owl »

Hi everyone...
A french webmagazine asked me for a story about Twin Peaks filming locations. So I'm going back there on august 14th.
Anyone to join ? I'll ride from Vancouver but can stop anywhere in between for a pickup
DLW
Roadhouse Member

Post by DLW »

Dang if i had free time i would drive up there to meet you to take pictures. I live 3-4 hours south of North Bend/Snoqualmie! Have a good time! Take plenty more pictures!
The_Owl
Roadhouse Member

Post by The_Owl »

Ok, J-2.
I'll leave Vancouver, BC on wednesday morning at 5:00 AM to Edmonds, WA, then ferry to Bainbridge Island and the Kiana Lodge, ferry to Seattle and then Snoqualmie / North Bend in the afternoon.
Got 1-2 seats in the car if you want to join from Vancouver, Bellingham or Seattle.
dale_coop
Roadhouse Member

Post by dale_coop »

How was the trip, The_Owl ? Took some photos ?
I hope one day I can go there... (quand mon fiston sera plus grand).

Oh, and, I saw you made article for DailyMars.net, great article !

++
dale
dale_coop
"A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee"