Twin Peaks, WA, today

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Non Spoiler Official Th

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

OK,Bob wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I thought the sign was supposed to be on the other side of the road? Opposite from where they marked LOC?
I'm 99.9% sure those markings are standard utility / public works markings and have nothing to do with the TP welcome sign.
Oh I see :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks, WA, today

Post by Ross »

I wonder if they'll bother fixing this little building up, or if the Bookhouse Boys found somewhere else to meet?
Attachments
IMAG0051.jpg
IMAG0051.jpg (164.24 KiB) Viewed 12466 times
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:I wonder if they'll bother fixing this little building up, or if the Bookhouse Boys found somewhere else to meet?
It looks just the same. What is it today? Private residence?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Ross wrote:I wonder if they'll bother fixing this little building up, or if the Bookhouse Boys found somewhere else to meet?
It looks just the same. What is it today? Private residence?
Yeah- I'm guessing a private residence. Its funny how tiny that house is- the interiors shown in the series would never fit in that tiny house!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

Last week i visited WA for the first time, a trip to Snoqualmie and North Bend had been long overdue as i have been a huge fan of TP for well over 20 years, its a long way to go from here at home (the UK) but we had a big holiday to Maui and decided on a stopover on the way back.

We stayed at the Salish and it was fantastic, everything i hoped for. The weather throughout our 3 days was perfect to as you will see from our pics. To be there when they were filming the new series was strange and only affected us seeing one location as you will see.

Highlight was on our last night when we saw Kyle M at the Salish. We were in the gift shop and he walked past and into the The Dining Room. Im pretty sure he had been to the Seahawks home opener that day and was getting ready for a week of filming. So in our own world we can now say we were at The Great Northern at the same time as Agent Cooper!

I know most of you will have seen these locations and landmarks a trillion times, however i still thought id post a few of my photos. Didn't want to start a new thread so i figured this was the best place for them.
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

As i said we stayed at the Salish and it was superb. Accommodation and food. But not cheap!

Just one of about a hundred photos i took of the Falls.

Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

We made 2 trips to Twedes/RR. Both times it was pretty busy with locals checking out the new setup and stragazers such as ourselves. On the second time they were hassled because it was busy and i heard one of the girls saying they had to 'get all the sandwiches done for the movie shoot'

Last edited by Johnny Tabasco on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

Last edited by Johnny Tabasco on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

of course we had to...

Last edited by Johnny Tabasco on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

For us the Bridge was really memorable. They was a lady singing/wailing with a guitar over the other side of the lake. Gave it a really strange atmosphere.

We loved all the graffiti. Though i guess the locals dont.

You can just make out the lady with the guitar there.

Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

Beautiful weather at the sign spot.

We inadvertently parked right over where the new sign hole and stabilizer were.

Stunning Mount Si. The whole area is just beautiful.
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

The one place we didnt get to see was the Sheriffs station, and thats because they were filming. There was a guard and car protecting the entrance to Dirtfish Rally. He said there was 'a thing' going on down there. You can just make him out in the pic. As we turned around to pullout a car drove out with who i thought was Michael Ontkean in - as we know know that wasnt the case. I certainly got a few folks excited when i proclaimed this in the 'spoiler' thread. Apologies again!

Obviously you can see the mill here too.

This place was grim. Proper sketchy. I saw the room they used in FWWM and then drove straight out.

Ive got plenty more but i wont bore everyone with them. Like i said i know most people have seen all this before but it meant so much to me and just felt like i had to share some of what we saw.

Sadly the last day of our stay there was overtaken with the news of Catherine Coulsons passing. May she rest in peace. A sad end to a wonderful 3 days.
The Letter J

Post by The Letter J »

Johnny Tabasco wrote: I know most of you will have seen these locations and landmarks a trillion times, however i still thought id post a few of my photos. Didn't want to start a new thread so i figured this was the best place for them.
Thanks for posting!
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

Thanks for posting, I really like your pictures and descriptions that you gave - having never been there myself unfortunately.