Mistakes/Goofs

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

rmonk

Re: Mistakes/Goofs

Post by rmonk »

I'm not so sure the casual American TV viewer would have know what DNA was back in 1990. It was still a relatively new concept to laymen as late as 94 with the OJ Simpson trial. My point in saying this is that, in the context of a 1990 TV show, a DNA-based explanation for the difference between the similar blood samples wouldn't have been a plausible narrative excuse. They might have been able to establish some other distinguishing factors but, as has been said, they didn't work any in. I think we just have to accept this one as a gaff. Sorry guys.
Daveinla

Post by Daveinla »

Watching through twin peaks for the first time even though I'm old enough to have lived through its initial TV run and remember the excitement surrounding it

Noticed this boom mike while watching the episode CHECKMATE.
Attachments
Boom mike top of screen
Boom mike top of screen
image.jpg (957.09 KiB) Viewed 14194 times
BookhouseGirl

Post by BookhouseGirl »

Just a niggle really, but in episode two Cooper seems excited to see ducks on the lake but when asked if he wants to feed Waldo he says he hates birds. I seem to recall he gets quite excited about a chickadee in a later episode.
Just a small thing but it's always irritated me, perhaps because I'm a bit of an aviaphobe myself.
Last edited by BookhouseGirl on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

never noticed that but now that's gonna bother me lol
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Maybe he only likes birds from a distance?
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
BookhouseGirl

Post by BookhouseGirl »

LonelySoul wrote:Maybe he only likes birds from a distance?
Well I can certainly relate to that.
evilswink

Re: Season 2 - Mistakes (goofs)

Post by evilswink »

Jonah wrote:It seems the Great Northern did some major room renumbering somewhere in the three weeks between late Season 1 and late Season 2.

In Season 1, Episodes 5 and 6, Cooper is clearly in Room 315 and across the hall is Room 314 as you might expect.

However, by the time Episode 28 rolls around, while Coop is still in Room 315, the one across the hall has suddenly become 323!

p.s. Not sure when exactly this appeared, whether it was in this episode or earlier in the season. Maybe the change even occurred as early as Episode 8 of Season 2; I'll have to go back and check.
In Episode 1 of the second season this is also clearly shown, 314, being the number or the room across Dale Cooper's room at the hotel. He is lying bleeding on the ground after being shot and left alone by the hotel servant. That particular moment he sees the giant for the first time. 314 is also called the Angel Number and has the following numerological meaning:

Number 1 brings with it the attributes of initiative, instinct and intuition, self-leadership and assertiveness, new beginnings and a fresh approach. It also relates to courage, motivation, striving forward and progress, and reminds us that we create our own realities with our thoughts, beliefs and actions. Number 4 resonates with practicality and application, hard work and responsibility, traditional values, honesty and integrity, inner-wisdom, and diligence and determination to achieve goals. Number 4 also relates to our drive, passion and purpose.
Angel Number 314 is a message from your angels and the Ascended Masters that they are sending you guidance through your thoughts, ideas and intuition. Listen to these messages and take positive action as directed.

Maybe this tells us something more about what the giant is representing.
It's been 20 years I watched the series and I started to watch all eps last weekend.
I'm not sure cause I'm at the second ep of season 2 but I wouldn't be surprised that after this ep the room number 314 will not be shown again.

Greetings
Last edited by evilswink on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Don't think this was mentioned yet.

In the pilot, there's a shot of Harry answering the phone (the black one, not the brown one...) where you can see none other than Lynch himself in a reflection:
vlcsnap-2017-01-23-23h19m07s796.png
vlcsnap-2017-01-23-23h19m07s796.png (713.88 KiB) Viewed 12945 times
He's beneath Lucy's reflection, wearing headphones.

Didn't spot this one myself - I don't recall where I saw it, so can't give due credit.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Oh, wow. Now that's something that can't be un-seen.
I'll see you in the trees
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

garethw wrote:Don't think this was mentioned yet.

In the pilot, there's a shot of Harry answering the phone (the black one, not the brown one...) where you can see none other than Lynch himself in a reflection:

vlcsnap-2017-01-23-23h19m07s796.png

He's beneath Lucy's reflection, wearing headphones.

Didn't spot this one myself - I don't recall where I saw it, so can't give due credit.
Heh. Some wag added Lynch to the IMDB credits as "Reflection of the Man in Headphones in Police Station (uncredited)":

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0278784/ful ... cl_sm#cast

:lol:
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Just for the new series, on the second day of the glass box story, before Tracey visits again, Sean is replacing an SD card. In the wide shot of him doing that, he's wearing the shirt he was the day before, not the one from that day. I usually don't notice goofs.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
gary2381
Roadhouse Member

Post by gary2381 »

In Season 2 Episode 29:

When Cooper is in the woods preparing to enter the lodge he is wearing his trench coat. In the next scene where he parts the red curtains and enters the lodge he is now without his trench coat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAORM0wENEs

In theory he should still have his coat with him 25 years later.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

In the new series, Part 5, the credits misspell Amy Shiels name as "Amie".

The comma spacing in the standard "any reference to persons, living, or dead" (or however it's phrased) legal thing is inconsistent. Kind of clunky.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
a whole damn town

Post by a whole damn town »

IcedOver wrote:In the new series, Part 5, the credits misspell Amy Shiels name as "Amie".
I'd bet that was done on purpose so she'd fit in with Candie, Sandie and Mandie. Sounds more like an in-joke than a goof.
I'm not just three men on a fishing trip.
mat03

Post by mat03 »

a whole damn town wrote: choose burr grinders here
IcedOver wrote:In the new series, Part 5, the credits misspell Amy Shiels name as "Amie". Look at headphones on this list
I'd bet that was done on purpose so she'd fit in with Candie, Sandie and Mandie. Sounds more like an in-joke than a goof.
Thanks for the explanation. I usually thought someone just typed it wrongly and put it on air without cross-checking. Very sneaky indeed.
Last edited by mat03 on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.