Mistakes/Goofs

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Jonah wrote:Cool. Thanks a million for adding the pictures Dugpa. How do I do it? If it's from my computer or USB key (not on a site).

And great site! LOVE IT!
No problem. The best way is to join one of those free image upload sites like http://imageshack.us/

I've never tried it but I se a lot of people using it. They allow you to upload images to their server. Then you cna just link them from the board by using the URL and the Img tags.

The other way is you can email me the photos and I can upload them to my site.

Hopefully the next version of the Board will allow for image uploading directly like it does with the avatars.

-B
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Nitpicking "Twin Peaks"

Post by TheArm »

Having seen the pilot so many, many times, certain bloopers/continuity errors always jump out at me. Like...

-When the police cruiser pulls out to pursue James and Donna ("What goes around comes around." "Around and around."), Harry turns the flashers/sirens on, but when you see a long shot of the cruiser pulling out, the lights on top aren't flashing.

-What high school has football practice in late February?

-The spelling of "Katherine" in the pilot opening credits.

-I know it's small town America, but Donna seems a little too trusting, seeing as she doesn't have a lock on her locker. She clicks it right open.

-Audrey's shockingly fast hair growth/make-over after the pilot - and likewise, Donna's between episodes 7 and 8.

-I realize that the intent was probably to help establish James as the resident "rebel without a cause," but his "Yo!" when his name is called in homeroom seems completely out-of-character for him.

-Lara Flynn Boyle does GREAT with her cry-acting in homeroom when she finds out that Laura is dead, but it's still fairly obvious to that there are no actual tears or waterworks happening there, just vocal sobbing.

-Slightly reminiscent of "24," I'm always impressed that Cooper managed to leave Philadelphia and arrive in Twin Peaks, WA within what seems like just an hour or two of Ronette having been found walking across the state line. Almost as if he knew from a dream that it was going to happen, so he left early that morning...

-During Cooper and Harry's stakeout at the Roadhouse (waiting for Donna to show up), we hear the opening bars of "Falling" and get a mastershot of...the Bookhouse, NOT the Roadhouse.

And don't even get me started on the Palmer and Hayward houses changing their appearance between the series and the film! Have people noticed others? I'm sure there must be quite a few throughout the series and the film...

(Keep in mind I'm not criticizing; I love the show and the movie dearly, the obsessive-compulsive in me just loves spotting those little inconsistencies for whatever reason.)
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
charles
RR Diner Member

Re: Nitpicking "Twin Peaks"

Post by charles »

One of my favorites from the pilot is that the tide is going out on Black Lake when they find Laura's body... Lakes don't have tides! Since this scene was filmed on Puget Sound, I suppose there was no avoiding a run-in with the tides.
piero
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 2 - Mistakes (goofs)

Post by piero »

I have just noticed something funny. In the episode 5 when Coop, Sheriff, Hawk and Doc Hayward go to visit Log Lady for a cup of tea! I'll post some still soon!!!
Roomservice...
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

From season 1. Episode 5. You can see a fly on Cooper's tea cup while the Log Lady tell him about the night Laura was killed. Then you can see it flying around the scene! :lol:
Attachments
log01.jpg
log01.jpg (227.29 KiB) Viewed 13404 times
Roomservice...
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

here's the fly!
Attachments
log2.jpg
log2.jpg (233.9 KiB) Viewed 13413 times
Roomservice...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

There is also the very out of place palm tree during the scene of leland getting pulled over.
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Re: Nitpicking "Twin Peaks"

Post by Black Rose »

When Cooper goes to One Eyed Jack's and meets up with Jacques, after the blackjack game is over (Jack's, Jacques, blackjack) they sit down to have a drink.

Jacques gets two beers, and downs one. In the next shot, he still has two beers, when he should have at least one empty glass.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

As many times as I have viewed the show, I still haven't seen the boom mics in a couple of Season Two scenes. I plan on watching soon (it's been awhile) and I will crack up when I see them. I also want to check out something I saw on amazon.com (could be not true) about something flashing across the screen in the Season 2 ep when Major Briggs is about to tell Bobby the beautiful White Lodge story (one of my fav scenes in the show).
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

In my opinion, Maddy's killing carries a lot of inconstanties.

When she's saying goodbye to the Palmer's, she says "I think I'll probably be driving back home tomorrow". I always assumed she had her own car, but on the next episode, Leland tells Donna and James he dropped her off at the bus station. So what was made of her car?

I also think very difficult that the body of a grown woman would fit that golf bag Leland uses to take her out of the house. Not to mention Leland carries that bag as it's just full of books. Don't know if BOB had super strenght, but a normal person wouldn't be able to carry a human body so easily.

Also, the way Leland crashed Maddy's face to the wall didn't seemed hard enough to kill her. My father said that maybe Maddy just lost conscience and he later strangled her off screen.
Not to mention Leland knew Maddy was expecting James and Donna drop by that night to say goodbye to her, as he asked them about it the next morning. Wouldn't be risky to kill her on the night she was expecting her friends to come? What if Donna and James had appeared when he was chasing her thru the living room?

Another thing, when Coop, Albert, Harry and the whole gang are at the Great Northern, Truman tells Cooper Maddy was there, that Ben probably killed her at his office and then took her to the waterfall. Harry was probably just assuming, since Ben was the main suspect and they needed to tie everything to make a case against him, but it just seemed odd to me, what would Maddy be doing at the Great Northern, at Ben's office? Visiting Leland, perhaps?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Also, the way Leland crashed Maddy's face to the wall didn't seemed hard enough to kill her. My father said that maybe Maddy just lost conscience and he later strangled her off screen.
Not to mention Leland knew Maddy was expecting James and Donna drop by that night to say goodbye to her, as he asked them about it the next morning. Wouldn't be risky to kill her on the night she was expecting her friends to come? What if Donna and James had appeared when he was chasing her thru the living room?
Hopefully BOB could have killed donna and james too. would have saved the show alot of grief the rest of the season :)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Brad D wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Hopefully BOB could have killed donna and james too. would have saved the show alot of grief the rest of the season :)
You're not kidding.
Leland kills James and Donna and gives Maddy the opportunity to escape. I'd rather see her alive working in Missoula than James with Evelyn Marsh or Donna investigating her mother's past with Ben Horne. Sheryl Lee always works for me :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Not sure if this is a goof as such, however, I just noticed this picture or monitor of Mark Frost as the reporter in the lower right corner. Are they supposed to be watching the news? Why is it on still mode?
Attachments
FinderScreenSnapz068.jpg
FinderScreenSnapz068.jpg (127.72 KiB) Viewed 13089 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

maybe they were watching cyril ponds' newscast?...i never have noticed that before!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Right before Gersten starts playing the piano in episode 8, someone clearly cues her offscreen and says "Gersten".
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM