Mistakes/Goofs

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Season 2 - Mistakes (goofs)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Right when Leland hits the floor in episode 8, we can see some studio electrical equipment on the floor:
Attachments
FinderScreenSnapz058.jpg
FinderScreenSnapz058.jpg (90.45 KiB) Viewed 11897 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

In ep. 8 when Albert arrives again,he takes off his sunglasses 3 times in 15 seconds :shock:
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

wow, they really got sloppy on episode 8! and this was even with lynch directing.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

In Episode 25, Donna follows her mother to the Great Northern. As she watches her mother go down the hall to Ben Horne's office, there's a close-up of Donna with her hair pulled behind one of her ears and a large dangling earring.

Then we see another shot of her mother heading to Ben's office.

Cut back to Donna (in the same close-up) but the earring is now missing.

When she heads to the concierge desk to speak with Audrey, the earring is back. Maybe Mrs. Tremond's grandson momentarily borrowed her jewelry. :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The boom mike in episode 20 (Audrey & Ben) is really low so I'm sure it was always visible. But I wonder about the other cases. Seems like there is a little more visible around the edges of the frame on the DVDs than when they were originally broadcast(?) It also depends on if you view on a computer or TV. As there is no overscan on computers.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:wow, they really got sloppy on episode 8! and this was even with lynch directing.
Lots of mistakes in Lynch directed episodes.

In episode 14 as Nadine and Ed enter the Double RR, the camera pans right, bumps into an object and bounces left!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Brad D wrote:wow, they really got sloppy on episode 8! and this was even with lynch directing.

In episode 14 as Nadine and Ed enter the Double RR, the camera pans right, bumps into an object and bounces left!
I don't think it bounces. It's steady cam (hand camera) so it may looks like, but it's just two-way panning ;-)

I don't remember episode but one scene in the RR when camera pans to the left BEHIND the counter - you can see it and the moving crew in the shining metal boxes on the counter.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:

I don't think it bounces. It's steady cam (hand camera) so it may looks like, but it's just two-way panning ;-)

I don't remember episode but one scene in the RR when camera pans to the left BEHIND the counter - you can see it and the moving crew in the shining metal boxes on the counter.
I've watched it several times and the bump happens right as the camera reveals this object on the right hand side of the screen. Can you tell me what the object is? Bump or not clearly it is a mistake!
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-02-20 at 12.14.13 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-02-20 at 12.14.13 PM.png (261.41 KiB) Viewed 11727 times
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:I've watched it several times and the bump happens right as the camera reveals this object on the right hand side of the screen. Can you tell me what the object is? Bump or not clearly it is a mistake!
There's the hand-shaking lady again! I wonder how many times she (and Toad) appear(s)?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I've watched it several times and the bump happens right as the camera reveals this object on the right hand side of the screen. Can you tell me what the object is? Bump or not clearly it is a mistake!
There's the hand-shaking lady again! I wonder how many times she (and Toad) appear(s)?
Anybody know her name?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Ross wrote:
Now that would be interesting. Finding specific background extras and seeing how many and which episodes they are in. For instance, Bob Engel's wife Trudy was in several episodes as a Great Norther waitress if I remember correctly.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

dugpa wrote:
Ross wrote:
Now that would be interesting. Finding specific background extras and seeing how many and which episodes they are in. For instance, Bob Engel's wife Trudy was in several episodes as a Great Norther waitress if I remember correctly.
You are correct - though you've got the name jumbled. Her name is Jill Engels and she played Trudy, Cooper's regular waitress. She also plays the piano when Leland sings "Getting to Know You."

As for recurring background players, I believe that old, bald man who is laughing at Shelly's recreation of Leland jumping on Laura's coffin reappears at least once in the diner.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Toad and the old lady appear many many times. Anyone know if Toad was a crew member?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Ross wrote:Toad and the old lady appear many many times. Anyone know if Toad was a crew member?
Kevin Young is credited as Toad, with no production credits for the series. However, he is listed as a production assistant on Fire Walk with Me. Interesting. (And, of course, he was supposed to appear in the film as well, in a deleted/extended scene at the RR)
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

Kevin Young... Isn't there a dedication to him in one of the eps. (episode 8?) because of his death? "Dedicated to the memory of...".

And the old lady...we have to know who she is? She's classic! :D

Add to that list One Eyed Jacks' hunchback, the Pilot's dancing guy, the Pilot's screaming girl, the guy who was not Georgia peach, etc.