footage missing from ep. 8

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

oldmandentures

footage missing from ep. 8

Post by oldmandentures »

This might have only been in the "Last epsode segment".... but i remember a creepy image of BOB running in slow motion that isnt on the dvd of episode 8. Am i going crazy or was it just on the "last episode" segment.

" Diane, im holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies."
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

There's a slow motion BOB at the end of episode 9. Maybe that's what you're thinking about?
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

There's an out-of-focus Bob walking slowing towards the camera in one of those 'Next Time on Twin Peaks...' clips.

It's the last clip on 'Season 1 Intros, Outros, and Bumpers' on the Twin Peaks Archive

PM you email address and I can send a few screencaps if you want.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

to me it always looks like he's running through the sherriff's department doors. and i'm pretty sure that's episode 9.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

He's running through the hospital doors, and it's episode 9. Recall that in the next episode, Ronette has been "attacked" in the hospital over night - her IV tainted and a letter put under her fingernail.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

I just watched Episode 9 and as described, there's a vision of Bob walking through the hospital, out of focus. This is the same footage from the 'Next Time on Twin Peaks' that I mentioned in an earlier post, except cut against different footage. Spooky!

-Steve
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Wood wrote:I just watched Episode 9 and as described, there's a vision of Bob walking through the hospital, out of focus. This is the same footage from the 'Next Time on Twin Peaks' that I mentioned in an earlier post, except cut against different footage. Spooky!

-Steve
aha, so that explains him running through the doors and walking through the darkness out of focus. stupid me never put that together.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I believe this was featured on the rerun of the season finale for the first season (in September 1990) -it also had the blurred the slow walk of BOB and a montage of donuts.
Wood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wood »

Ah, that explains it!

The Twin Peaks Archive has this Promo as part of the 'Season 1 Intros, Outros, Bumpers' section. It must have come from the rerun of the season finale. It has the Episode 9 'slo-mo Bob' footage spliced against other images and scenes.

It's more of a Promo/Ad than a 'Next Time on Twin Peaks...'
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

yeah, I'd have to find my original tape of the finale (which I taped from the rerun broadcast) -and since I shelved that long ago when the official video tapes came out, I'm just going by memory. But it seems it was the teaser for the second season premiere, and it was shown on the rerun because it obviously had been filmed whereas the first run finale had not.

Yay, I'm here and slowly but surely posting about Twin Peaks.