Twin Peaks reboot in the works?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks reboot in the works?

Post by Coffee »

Jerry Horne wrote:I could ask him, but If it is happening (doubtful) he'll just say something like 'We'll see'. That's how he operates and that's cool.

I think the rumor started with that anon post plus Frost talking so positively about Peaks:

"Last week we ran a piece in which co-creator Mark Frost suggests, rather excitedly, that the prematurely axed ’90s sensation may get its third season after all these years (the “25 years later” thing working in its favour, too). Frost’s quotes, hinting that both the creative’s and network brass may be talking, aren’t the first indication that there’s still life left in the sleepy supernatural-stricken town though. Apparently quite a few cast members, including Catherine E.Coulson (“The Log Lady”), have been contacted about possibly reprising their roles from the spooky soap, should a revisit happen.

Robert Engels, the show’s EP and writer of Fire Walk With Me, told Moviehole that he’s taken a couple of calls in recent years from networks interested in possibly reigniting the Fire Walking-flame, bringing the show back in some shape or fashion."

I mean, yes, people are scraping anything together to make it stick. But yes coffee, I think you're right. It's basically now or never.

The thought of Badalamenti scoring new music for Peaks is almost too much for me too handle.
Very interesting round-up of the information there Jerry. I would love to get the exact quotes from Frost about the 'creatives and network brass talking'. I think asking the question wouldn't do any harm... if he gives a mysterious answer then it would fuel the fire, however he may shoot it down and then we can all re-calibrate!

At the very least I hope we get Twin Peaks on Blu-ray out of this!!!!
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Interesting to see that Frost just retweeted this message:

@HaroldWallin: @DAVID_LYNCH & @mfrost11 would be fools to bring TP back on a network; they are not fools @ScottLuckStory @twinpeaksredux @twinpeaksarchve
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

"Dear Internet: You are very good at spreading rumors. Truth is more valuable and much harder to come by. Sincerely yours, @mfrost11"

Well that was fun while it lasted!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:"Dear Internet: You are very good at spreading rumors. Truth is more valuable and much harder to come by. Sincerely yours, @mfrost11"

Well that was fun while it lasted!
Well- we figured as much. The bottom line though is that IF Lynch and Frost were interested in doing it again, I think they could make it happen. It all has to do with them wanting or not wanting to. And I agree, now would be the time. The original show set up the timeline, and really, interest in the show is up, and the TV landscape seems really ready for TP again.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I figured it was a hoax. The only interesting mention was of Catherine Coulson getting a call on reprising her role.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

*sigh* And here I thought my 2013 was made already. I wish they would stop teasing me like this :-/
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

Sigh. At least Frost shot it down before our hopes where built up too much.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

I just wish these stories would stop popping up every year or two. I think based on what we've heard (not only from comments from Frost, but from my own sources at ABC/Disney) is that there is definite interest out there for more Peaks. Kyle is said to be down to do it, Frost is likely down to as well, and it always seems Lynch is the monkey wrench in the plans. Which confounds me, as he didn't end Peaks like Return of the Jedi/Return of the King, with everything tied up (Or even Mulholland Dr, which ties everything up in a Lynchian way) The end of Twin Peaks isn't an "ambiguous ending" like some people like to make it out to be in hindsight--it's a straight up cliffhanger, meant to lead to more stories. Sorry, just venting...I made my peace with Twin Peaks never getting "resolved" years ago, but every time one of these stories pop up I get all annoyed for giving me a glimmer of hope at all. Gosh darn internet.

Ok, ok I'm over it now. Thanks for letting me vent.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

It boggles my mind that stories like this get blown up. This last story was a complete farce due to the fact Frost wasn't even involved. Lynch barely broke any stories after the Pilot - it was all Frost - to think Lynch is going to concentrate his efforts alone on a TV series for (I'm guessing atleast the majority of a year) is crazy, especially when he usually has a zillion other things going on. A reboot would never happen without Frost in charge of things on the story side anyway. A This initial rumor was asinine.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Brad D wrote:It boggles my mind that stories like this get blown up. This last story was a complete farce due to the fact Frost wasn't even involved. Lynch barely broke any stories after the Pilot - it was all Frost - to think Lynch is going to concentrate his efforts alone on a TV series for (I'm guessing atleast the majority of a year) is crazy, especially when he usually has a zillion other things going on. A reboot would never happen without Frost in charge of things on the story side anyway. A This initial rumor was asinine.
I had just assumed that if there was any truth to the story that Frost was involved.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Tony Franciosa

Post by Tony Franciosa »

they can just give me the series on blu ray this year and we'll call it even.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

I hope it doesn't ever happen. I doubt it will.

The idea of a contemporary story in Twin Peaks with cell phones, and the internet, and the kinds of young actors and actresses who work in TV today (ugh... they don't make 'em like they did in 1990! ha)... I just hope it never happens.

But what about a Twin Peaks PREQUEL TV series, set in 1950's Twin Peaks or something like that? ;)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

bosguy1981 wrote:But what about a Twin Peaks PREQUEL TV series, set in 1950's Twin Peaks or something like that? ;)
With Joshua Palmer and Little Leland! and Little Ben and Jerry! Wow, yeah - possibilities=endless.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Twin Peaks in the 1950's with the Bookhouse Boys or even the 70's with Ed, Harry, Hawk, Hank, Norma, and Nadine in High School.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:The idea of a contemporary story in Twin Peaks with cell phones, and the internet, and the kinds of young actors and actresses who work in TV today (ugh... they don't make 'em like they did in 1990! ha)
Well, just like they made the early 90s feel timeless, I'm sure they would do the same thing now.

I'd hate to see a remake, or any version not involving Lynch/Frost. But with them behind it, there's no reason for me to think they couldn't pull it off.