michael ontkean

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

boyfromstorm

michael ontkean

Post by boyfromstorm »

does anyone know why he didn't participate in any of the cast interviews for season 2? there were other huge characters that were strangely absent, but his absence is so peculiar. i really wanted to know what kind of perspective he had of the show nearly twenty years after its original airing. sheriff truman is so vital to the show's legacy.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

From what I heard, no one could find him.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

He's disappeared? That is so weird.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I love Michael Ontkean. Definitely up there on my TOP 5 TP PEOPLE I WANT TO SEE INTERVIEWED.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i always thought ontkean did an awesome job with the character (sans the drunk scenes..lol) kinda surprised he didnt get any bigger offers to do things after the series (maybe he didnt want them, who knows)
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I am rewatching TP season 1 in prep for season 2 which should arrive shortly. I was thinking that everyone on this show should have moved on to an outstanding career. The problem with the big budget movies is that casting directors, and you know this if you watched MD, have short lists for those projects. But what about indie movies? If I could get some financing my indie films I would knock on all the doors of the TP (and BuffytVS) casts.

Seeing Sarah Michelle Geller (SMG) in a scene with Machen Amick or Michael O would be cool. Or how about Nick Brendon or James Marsters smooching with Sherilyn Finn in a love scene? That would be rock my fan boy world.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

The best we can do for an interview with Ontkean for now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEXOWZUJ10
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Cool

Thanks for that Gerry. Good to know he's still alive and not missing.

Thought this comment on youtube was hilarious,

"He's still frickin' sexy, damn! I always wanted him Agent Cooper to hook up on the show. Hell, forget about Josie Packard! "

Made me thing - Er, ok, show would have taken a very different tone!

I always did thing there was possibly something borderline homoerotic between Coop and Truman. But probably best left unexplored! Or maybe for Season 3... :P

Anyhow, Ontkean does look great for a man 60+. I mean, HOW does he do it?
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:The best we can do for an interview with Ontkean for now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEXOWZUJ10
Hey, that was great, even if it was quite short, thanks for posting.

Sheriff Truman is one of my favourite characters, & its a shame he hadn't done any interviews for the DVD's.
Pig Related

Re: michael ontkean

Post by Pig Related »

According to IMDb, he'll be in Alexander Payne's upcoming movie The Descendants. Am I wrong to say this will be the first somewhat more high profile movie he's in since, well, Twin Peaks?

In any case, I'm looking forward to it.
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

Thanx for the clip. Gee, he looks great. He has aged very little. I imagine his interview is relatively recent, or am I wrong? Anyhoo, I wonder what the decendants is about. I know I love old school punk band of the same name...

Edit: I looked for the movie on netflix and I found it. I have added it to my saved queue. Looks to be interesting according to the synopsis provided by netflix. As well, to my great joy, there was a DVD available about the afore- mentioned punk band..
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

"Descendants" logline from Daily Variety: "Set in Hawaii, the unconventional family drama tells the story of a newly widowed father (George Clooney) -- the descendant of landowners and one of the richest men on Oahu -- who takes off with his two rebellious daughters to track down his wife's lover on the island of Kauai."

Ontkean's Wikipedia entry mentions that Ontkean now resides in Hawaii, so I guess that all makes sense. But yes, it's a shame we haven't seen more of him in all of the Twin Peaks ephemera lately, considering what a massive role he played in the series.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"