Welcome to Night Vale

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Welcome to Night Vale

Post by TheArm »

In my eternal search to find things that can fill the Twin Peaks-shaped void in my heart that has existed ever since the show went off the air, I have recently discovered a really excellent podcast/"radio show" of sorts called Welcome to Night Vale that I'm really enjoying. If Twin Peaks (the actual town) or Eerie, Indiana had like an NPR-type radio news show, this is probably what it would sound like. It's surreal, a little creepy, and very very funny, and reminds me a lot in parts of bits of TP and The X-Files. Anyway, it's free and on iTunes if anybody's interested.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
skawitch
Roadhouse Member

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Post by skawitch »

Thank you so much for recommending this TheArm - two episodes in and I love it already. It's feels like a wonderful mish mash of TP, X-Files, Eerie Indiana, HP Lovecraft, The League of Gentlemen & Father Ted.
C.Spark

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Post by C.Spark »

I LOVE the show Welcome to Night Vale! It really does help to fill that void, and the creators of the show are Twin Peaks fans as well! In an interview with Cecil he said that the last name of his character (Palmer) is straight from Twin Peaks! I'm sure that Intern Leland is a shout out as well.