Twin Peaks Commercials and Original Bumpers Needed

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Commercials and Original Bumpers Needed

Post by dugpa »

All,

We are actively looking for original Twin Peaks Commercials and Original Bumpers. Anyone that has copies of their original VHS off air recordings please post here ASAP. Even if it is a video taken by your phone cam off your TV.

Thanks!
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Next On Twin Peaks - S1 Ep 2 & 5 Broascast VHS Needed

Post by Ross »

Hey Dugpa. I checked my tapes, and have almost all of the "Next On" segment from episode 5. Unfortunately its missing about 1 to 2 seconds at the start of it. But I did send it to Qbin, as its better than nothing. Hopefully someone else has the full version. But this might help.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Awesome! Thanks!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:Awesome! Thanks!
You're welcome! Wish I had the full version. Little did we know that we might want stuff off these tapes 20+ years later!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

One question that came up. Was there ever a Next On for the Pilot? I'm fairly sure there wasn't but wanted to get consensus on this.
Brie and Butter
Roadhouse Member

Post by Brie and Butter »

I still have my old VHS copies of the ABC broadcasts -- to this day, I still don't know what possessed me to record the pilot when it aired originally -- but it's been years since I watched them, as I re-recorded everything off Bravo a few years later (which ended up being better quality than the official VHS box set!) and haven't touched the VHS tapes since season 2 finally made it to DVD. Hopefully they haven't disintegrated, but if you still need anything, I'll be happy to excavate. (Just to clarify, you wanted the closing segments of episodes 2 and 5 that tease what's coming on episodes 3 and 6, right?)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Yes. But mostly Episode 2. It can even be a phone recording.

Also looking for the Lucy Bumper that was used on original Broadcast at the credits in Episode 27 when Lucy tells everyone to tune in for the Finale.

If we can get this then it can be archived as a set.

:)
Brie and Butter
Roadhouse Member

I'll dig through my pile of old VHS tapes and see what I can find. Please just don't make fun of my boxy, decidedly-not-flat-screen TV!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Brie and Butter wrote:I'll dig through my pile of old VHS tapes and see what I can find. Please just don't make fun of my boxy, decidedly-not-flat-screen TV!
Thank you! Let's hope it is there :-)
Brie and Butter
Roadhouse Member

Dugpa, I have failed you!

I went through my pile of old VHS tapes over the weekend, and I was only able to find my Bravo compilations and the last of my ABC tapes (which contained the two-part finale when it aired as a Sunday Night Movie). I could not locate the other recordings. This troubles me for several reasons:

--I am, for better or worse, a pack rat;
--I would have never recorded over the ABC broadcasts;
--As I still have the finale, I wouldn't have given them away;
--I have absolutely no idea where they would be.

My best guess is that, after moving twice in a six-month period a few years ago, they ended up in some box/bag/pile of "backup" VHS tapes and got separated from the others -- but where that box/bag/pile ended up, I have no idea. I remember ditching some things at Goodwill during the moves, but after 20 years of keeping these tapes around (unnecessarily for about 15 of those years!), it makes no sense that I'd suddenly ditch them.

I apologize for not having better news, but I'll let you know if I'm able to find anything and/or remember what I've done with them, but at this point, as we say in the law enforcement game, it's a cold trail...
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Sad news. And thank you Brie and Butter for your efforts!

Anyone else an help, please?
There must be somewhere at least one copy of it.

Help! Help! Help!
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Wish you had contacted me earlier! I dug up the original recordings for both S1E2 (aka "Traces to Nowhere") and S1E3 (aka "Zen, or the Skill to Catch a Killer").

S1E2's "Next on" has Ben Horne at OEJ ("Blackie!") and Bobby talking to Shelly ("If he ever does this to you again...") followed by a shot of Leo Johnson in the woods.

S1E3 does NOT have a "Next on" segment. There's Cooper's phone call, the commercials, and then straight to the end credits with the dancing MFAP.

David Lynch knew very well that, after the dream sequence, viewers would be totally flabbergasted. He must've also known that leaving out the support of a "Next on" segment would only add to the confusion (and water cooler effect). Well played, Dave!

I can digitize the S1E2 "Next on" for you but bear in mind it is very low quality.

Does that conclude the search for you, guys?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Pieter wrote:Wish you had contacted me earlier! I dug up the original recordings for both S1E2 (aka "Traces to Nowhere") and S1E3 (aka "Zen, or the Skill to Catch a Killer").

S1E2's "Next on" has Ben Horne at OEJ ("Blackie!") and Bobby talking to Shelly ("If he ever does this to you again...") followed by a shot of Leo Johnson in the woods.

S1E3 does NOT have a "Next on" segment. There's Cooper's phone call, the commercials, and then straight to the end credits with the dancing MFAP.

David Lynch knew very well that, after the dream sequence, viewers would be totally flabbergasted. He must've also known that leaving out the support of a "Next on" segment would only add to the confusion (and water cooler effect). Well played, Dave!

I can digitize the S1E2 "Next on" for you but bear in mind it is very low quality.

Does that conclude the search for you, guys?
So it seems there wasn't "Next on" segment after episode 2! That's unexpected.

We have S1E2, so there's no need to digitize it.

Can you check S1E5 Next on (Cooper & Ed in OYJ, Blackie, phone call for Maddy to Jacoby...) and tell us if there is something other video at the start (we have it from "...comes something." - first 2 second are missing).

And can you check if you have from the start the last one here (at 9:05):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAF23yNkiw.

We can hear the Cooper's " ...Twin Peaks". First part is missing and we can't figure it out what was it? "Previously on"? "Next on"? Anyone knows?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:And can you check if you have from the start the last one here (at 9:05):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBAF23yNkiw.

We can hear the Cooper's " ...Twin Peaks". First part is missing and we can't figure it out what was it? "Previously on"? "Next on"? Anyone knows?
Isn't this one the "previously on" from the beginning of the second episode of season 2?

Also, did you guys find Lucy's voiceover from the end of episode 27?
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

I m just curious... Why are you looking for all those segments?
A french little guy named : Dam.