Sherilyn Fenn - new AV Club interview

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kafard
RR Diner Member

Sherilyn Fenn - new AV Club interview

Post by kafard »

Like you wrote it, there is a lot of interpretations... and the one who follows is pretty fucked up...

Freudian, or Frank Booth, point of view on Twin Peaks (in joking more or less, largely more than less...) :

Twin Peaks is a story of a girl killed by his father who abused of her.
This man (Leland) has grown up with a fucked mind... may be he met someone in his childhood and do what has been done to him to his daughter (Stocklom's syndrome?). BOB is the representation of this fucked mind, BOB is the "IT".

All the caracters who died in the show have a fucked mind and are in a place called "The Black Fuck Lodge".

Example : Josie Packard was a good girl with her man (The Sheriff) but she started to see someone else and her mind has been fucked by The Fucker (BOB) who said when Josie has died "What happenned to Josiiiiiiiie?!". She has been simply fucked up by IT.

Other example : Ben Horne, owner of the "Fucking One Eye Jack".
He started to stop to fuck with the girls when he started to understand that it wasn't a good thing to do that BUT he had fucked with another woman and had an another daughter, and he died (fucked by his past, BOB catched him by his past).

Other example : Harold Smith didn't make love (or fuck) with a woman, excepted may be with Laura Palmer - we don't know exactly - and when some women are there for know the truth about his relation with Laura, they fuck his mind (BOB is here again), the smell of the fuck (flowers).
"J'ai une baise solitaire..."

And another example : James Hurley, he slept (fuck) with Laura Palmer and, may be, he felt too much the "IT" of Laura Palmer... but he was looking for his redemption BUT, again, he fuck an another woman. Afraid by IT, he decided to go away for not be fuck again... probably because he is gay?

Last example : Annie VS Caroline, Cooper has fucked with the wrong woman. When he fuck again with another woman, his past catched him back (doppelganger) because he doubt about "What Is Love" (good song but well... Not for him!) and BOB came for Fucked up his mind because the only problem with Cooper is to do not know the answer to this question : what is love? (Audrey has understood this problem with him. *saxophone's solo here*)

Soooooo, all the stories, if you think a little, and I will let you think..., are about who got a fucked up mind? and are in the Black Fuck Lodge with the Fucker "BOB" and his arm - AKA : The man from another place - it is probably a metaphor for masturbation.... "I'M IN AN ANOTHER PLACE, OOOOH!".
AND, the not fucked up minds like, for example : Lucie Morran and Andy Brenan, or Audrey Horne who fuck with someone but understand, because she is a smart girl, that love is not so simple as a fuck in a plane, who all are in a place called The White No Fuck Lodge with the help of the One Arm Man, no EVEN masturbation for you guys and girls, probably an another metaphor...
"The Twin fuck Peaks" is a non-dualist show looking for love.

(The Rings is for have a safe and sure death - mariage with "IT", the Fucker "BOB" -)

Conclusion :
We need to fuck the "IT" (BOB), but the "Devil", the "IT", can not be fucked.
Or : "Do the right Fuck and don't be Fucked Back"

The End.

Pretty fucked up interpretation, uh ? Not very gossip but well... :-D ....
A french little guy named : Dam.
blair
Roadhouse Member

Re: Sherilyn Fenn - new AV Club interview

Post by blair »

@Kafard, in they would have sold the show like that, we would have been 5 or 6 more seasons. :lol:, that something that I have always been fascinated with this show, about how immoral are most of their relationships...but in same time have been shown like someting "pure".

Okay Audrey, I don't have noticed the joke, it's for that I find that really weird...for the romance, I agree it's a basic plot to have severals romance in the life of a city like TP, but I'm sorry, to transform that like the main story (according the writers words), for 6 or 7 episodes !!! That really too much...and no I don't agree, Bob and the red room are not just an "happy accident", it's simply the heart of twin peaks !!! it's the main plot, unlike the romances; who are a simply logical element about the life of a town.

For Boyle, for her everything was okay, according to her everybody were friendly, ...exactly like the others actors, and crews have said...so except for Fenn, we can say that "everything was wonderful", if for her there are something nasty, she wouldn't have talked about Fenn directly like that. For Fenn, the interview have talked was after TP in early 90's (during the promo Of Mice and Men), she have bashed during this interview the second season, FWWM, Heather Graham young age, and Kyle choice about the romance, if she was really aware about something during this time, she would have badmouthed Lara.

For the quality, I don't think the first season are betters than the second, for me they are the same qualities, of course the first season seem more "perfect"...imo simply because it was just 8 episodes and the story is more "concentrated", it was not really a complete season...it was just an intro; the second season have the main plot, and imo the most the intense moments, I really don't see how to hate the 2nd season and to be a TP fan, but whatever.

For the cancellation, among all bad ABC decisions, first I'm agree with you, the quality of TP have nothing to do with his cancellation, the worst episodes are still way better than 99% of the TV shows (like x-files for examples, despite I like that); ABC have done lot of bad decisions, changed date, forced Lynch to reveal the kill etc...we know that, but I think maybe their worst error, it was to change a winning situation; I think it was a mistake to ask a 22 episodes second season, I know that normal, but with a shorter season, it would be far more easier to keep his audience, and that would have given their time for a 3rd season, ABC themselves would have probably less nervous to continue the show.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I meant the Red Room and Bob and etc were a happy accident in that they weren't planned originally. It may have become the heart of Peaks, but it wasn't planned until filming began.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
snellwilco

Post by snellwilco »

Sherilyn Fenn had a cameo on CSI tonight. (I must state that I seldom watch this show, and I hadn't heard about it, so it was a lucky break.) I posted a video of her scenes here:
Hurry up and download it if you want to, who knows how long it will last before it's matched. The episode had a plotline that was a subtle homage to Twin Peaks.