Missing Scenes (SEASON 2- DISC 1) Where did Bob go ??

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

agentorange

Missing Scenes (SEASON 2- DISC 1) Where did Bob go ??

Post by agentorange »

Watched my old tapes the other day because I couldnt wait for Disc one to come in the mail from Netflix. but I watched the DVD anyway when it arrived because well........ I love twin peaks,

Anyway .
I noticed something.
They cut BOB out of this scene (EPISODE 1 DISC 1) .
bob is kinda morphing around ( really cheezy 90s effect) like hes morphing inside a bubble or something.
on the DVD they cut the whole part out . and Maddy just Screams at the carpet that now just looks like someone peed on it .

see for yourself
(I also posted a clip here in case some of you think I photoshoped that)
VIDEO CLIP LINK
http://rapidshare.com/files/27107277/twinpeaks-clip.rar

SCREENCAPS

VHS

DVD

I wonder if it was cut because it looks so dated now ??
OR did they Air this different in other parts of the world ?
Last edited by agentorange on Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Someone also posted the video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaeDAaB ... ed&search=
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

The BOB appearance in that episode is only for the European airings of the show....they never aired in the U.S. that way because they couldn't get the effects right. The "blood only" version is the original version.
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Which version appears on the Defintive Gold Box dvd set?
There was also some minor changes on episode 14 (the scene where Leland kills Maddie) and a missing line (Cooper saying "Windom Earle") on episode 28 on the previous set...
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I'm pretty sure that version with BOB's face only aired in either just the UK or just Europe, as a whole. It certainly never aired in the US, and it's the US version that's on the DVD. I'm fine without it; I think the special effects in TP date it more than anything else, so I'm good with the "less is more" approach that they chose to go with.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

A really weird thing was that this was the only episode i watched the first time the show aired (i was probably 12, WAY past my bedtime.) and was surprised when i watched this particular scene many years later cause i seem to remember Laura and not Bob appearing and there even being a tiny voice over. This probably never happened but that's how i remembered it.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

that bubble effect is incredibly cheesy. much better just showing the blood IMO
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:that bubble effect is incredibly cheesy. much better just showing the blood IMO
Agreed.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mark84
Roadhouse Member

Post by mark84 »

I wonder what effect they were trying to go for, and if it would be possible today. I think its better (if a little less obvious) with just the 'blood' on the carpet rather than that tame effect.
The same cant be said for the Josie/draw knob effect which is excellent, and amazing considering the age of the show.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I remember thinking what the hell is this when I first watched it (on the Spanish dvd set). When I watched the Paramount season 2 set, on the other hand, I was genuinely terrified. It was so beautifully vague and eerie. Nothing kills a scary bit quite like a cheesy bubble effect.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

BOB's face on the rug was shown on all international airings of TP.
I live in Brazil and I always saw his face on the rug on the airings here. The first time I saw only the blood was when I bought the US VHS box set with all episodes in EP.

I don't know, the effect is cheesy but so is the blood. That stain doesn't look like blood at all. Like agentorange said, it looks like pee. Blood shoud've been red. I'd rather see BOB's face there, Maddy seems too over reacted by just a blood stain coming out of nowhere. Seeing BOB with the blood would be a better reason for her to shiver like that.
Brie and Butter
Roadhouse Member

Post by Brie and Butter »

If memory serves (which admittedly, just like Lucy tells Andy, is a 50/50 proposition), the scene at the sheriff's station where Coop discusses everyone who's seen BOB comes after Maddy sees the blood, but before she sees him during sing-along with James and Donna. As a result, Coop reveals that Maddy had seen BOB when this was news to the viewer. It wasn't until years later that I read they gave up on the special effect and that the blood trail was supposed to be her seeing BOB.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I'd rather see BOB's face there, Maddy seems too over reacted by just a blood stain coming out of nowhere. Seeing BOB with the blood would be a better reason for her to shiver like that.
Are you kidding me? She has a vision of lots of blood appearing on the carpet and she's overreacting? Have you ever had a vision of blood stains coming out of nowhere?
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

Lol! It freaked everyone out in the Amityville house...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Evenreven wrote:
Are you kidding me? She has a vision of lots of blood appearing on the carpet and she's overreacting? Have you ever had a vision of blood stains coming out of nowhere?
bahahaha