Special features from Original S1/S2 set

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Special features from Original S1/S2 set

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Am I correct in assuming the product description we've been seeing in press releases and news articles is complete, and that there will not be any commentaries or interviews carried over from the Artisan & CBS pre-Gold Box sets?

I ask because, shortly after pre-ordering the blu-ray from Family Video (only $88, folks - $30 off!), I purchased used copies of the old S1 & S2 sets on Amazon, purely for the special features. What do people think of those, by the way? I'm deeply fascinated by how different writers and directors explored and interpreted the Lynch/Frost world so these seem up my alley. Also noticed there's a Jennifer Lynch interview - presumably on the Diary? And finally - what is the Wrapped in Plastic archival material mentioned in the product description?

I still have the ability to return these items, but I think I'll love the extas enough to justify the purchase. How do owners of the set feel about them?
rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: Special features from Original S1/S2 set

Post by rewak »

Lynch hates audio commentaries so they aren't carried over, and the interviews aren't carried over because the documentary CBS did pretty much replaces them.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

That's what I figured (& why I bought the used sets as completist supplements). The ability to hear other Peaks directors talk about their work, the Jennifer Lynch interview (whom I don't recall being part of the Gold Box), and whatever the Wrapped in Plastic feature is seemed worth the plunge. Two sets together plus shipping etc came to about $19 which seems reasonable if I was purchasing some rare, exclusive Peaks documentary. At least that's how I'm justifying it to myself!
Leo K
Roadhouse Member

Post by Leo K »

The commentaries on the S1 box are fantastic, detailed and entertaining. I'm positive you won't be disappointed!
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Good, esp. because that was the more expensive set of the 2! Though neither one was particularly costly. It's odd I never bought the Gold Box over the past few years but now it seems to have worked out rather well - between the used Artisan sets & the blu-ray I'll have (almost) everything.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

I am watching the Season 2 interviews right now.

Don Davis' "fart" anecdote alone is worth the price of admission.