Twin Peaks Blu-Ray Sync issues (spoiler free tech thread)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks Blu-Ray Sync issues (spoiler free tech thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mb3 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Meanwhile there is a one second glitch on the new Criterion Eraserhead and they promptly announce they will issue a replacement disc.

:!:
That's exactly what should have happened with the dysfunctional blu-ray discs from the Twin Peaks box-set. I wonder why they couldn't solve the problem the same way as Criterion does with the Eraserhead disc.
A great question for CB$.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Dugpa? Can you shed any light on if a fix is in the pipeline? Probably not, but just curious...
Stu

Post by Stu »

Sent a follow up email to Amazon asking what the issue actually was that they reckon they fixed. I mentioned I'd heard fresh reports of the sync problem still existing too. They maintain it was the audio sync problem and that it is supposedly 'resolved'. Their response:
In response to your request, I've checked and confirmed that the audio syncing problems throughout the discs has been resolved now and you can go ahead and place your order.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Stu wrote:Sent a follow up email to Amazon asking what the issue actually was that they reckon they fixed. I mentioned I'd heard fresh reports of the sync problem still existing too. They maintain it was the audio sync problem and that it is supposedly 'resolved'. Their response:
In response to your request, I've checked and confirmed that the audio syncing problems throughout the discs has been resolved now and you can go ahead and place your order.
Get on their asses about it because they were NOT. I haven't had time to call them about it yet.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Got to back up Brad D - started playing The Box Set on my PS3 - absolutely no sinc issues so far have Wi Fi on it - but not on my Blu Ray player
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

sparco1979 wrote:Got to back up Brad D - started playing The Box Set on my PS3 - absolutely no sinc issues so far have Wi Fi on it - but not on my Blu Ray player
When did you place your order? Which spots did you check?
xman
Roadhouse Member

Post by xman »

I watched the basement scene with Bobby and Laura and there is the slightest of sync issue even after I altered settings on my PS3. This was not a casual viewing, but me staring at Laura's/Bobby's mouth with a very discerning eye. This has been the only scene so far that I have noticed the issue where I could not completely correct it.

Sorry for the delay, but I am trying to get some painting done on the house and (unfortunately) watching the DVDs is taking a back seat. Other than spot checking the scenes where others noted audio issues, I have only watched FWWM and episode 1. Edit: I should have added that the show looks great so far.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

The set is under review AGAIN on Amazon.com. I am receiving my second replacement set today. I will check it and report back but I expect nothing different. This is getting pretty ridiculous.
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Ep 8 9 & 10 where there was a lot of reports - had a few sinc issues in normal Blu Ray with no Wi Fi on earlier eps - I'll check FWWM tomorrow
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Nothing new on my second replacement set, sigh. I hope this gets figured out soon.
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

It's now under review at Amazon UK. I'll let you know how it goes over here.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Yeah, amazon's response above regarding a fix smelled very fishy to me. For all the time and money CBS put into making this, you'd imagine they'd want to do it right - Lynch especially. Hoping for a resolution soon, I just want to enjoy the material as it is intended.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Same issues on the second replacement set. Amazon called me today (I had previously set up this call). There are no new updates as of now, CBS Home Entertainment has yet to respond to their latest inquiry. They have also put the item as under review on their website again. She said she would call me again Friday hopefully with more information. I believe they are looking into other things beyond the manufacturer as well.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Finally an update. I talked again to the woman I've been working from Amazon. She said her team lead/manager talked to the manufacturer and the issue has been fixed this time and they've been issued a new stock. With how many times I've been told this now, I'm a bit leery to believe her but if she's wrong again, I'm not sure how she could give me incorrect information yet again. I hope she's right. I'm supposed to return all three sets (original and two replacements) and she will refund me for the original so I can repurchase the supposedly fixed set (She couldn't send me another replacement since I had been sent two).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Finally an update. I talked again to the woman I've been working from Amazon. She said her team lead/manager talked to the manufacturer and the issue has been fixed this time and they've been issued a new stock. With how many times I've been told this now, I'm a bit leery to believe her but if she's wrong again, I'm not sure how she could give me incorrect information yet again. I hope she's right. I'm supposed to return all three sets (original and two replacements) and she will refund me for the original so I can repurchase the supposedly fixed set (She couldn't send me another replacement since I had been sent two).
Please keep us informed. I'd love to hear if the problems were indeed fixed. Thanks!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/