Twin Peaks Blu-Ray Sync issues (spoiler free tech thread)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks Blu-Ray Sync issues (spoiler free tech thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

It has now been 20 days since the release with not one word from CBS. I would recommend returning your set to your retailer for a full refund or exchange. There is clearly a problem when you look at all the complaints on CBS's FB page (with not ONE response)

Shameful.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:It has now been 20 days since the release with not one word from CBS. I would recommend returning your set to your retailer for a full refund or exchange. There is clearly a problem when you look at all the complaints on CBS's FB page (with not ONE response)

Shameful.
Yeah- it does kind of seem like they aren't going to address the issue.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Jerry Horne wrote:It has now been 20 days since the release with not one word from CBS. I would recommend returning your set to your retailer for a full refund or exchange. There is clearly a problem when you look at all the complaints on CBS's FB page (with not ONE response)

Shameful.
The problem is, now that I've got it, I don't want to not have it! And certainly not without first knowing what's going on.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I say stick to your set until they decide to address this.
I don't see CBS doing anything about it right away, so if you return it, you'll be without it for nothing.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

With retailers like Amazon, you would only have 30 days from the shipment date for a full refund. Just be careful what you're stuck with. The more people that are content with faulty media means, it seems to me, that a replacement is less than likely.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
guildnavigator
RR Diner Member

Post by guildnavigator »

I ended up with a few copies of the box set and a full refund from amazon. They also gave me a $20 gift certificate. OT: Should I use it to get the Blue Velvet blu ray with deleted scenes or should I use it to get the Reflections book?

Edit: I think I'm going with the book
Last edited by guildnavigator on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Jerry Horne wrote:With retailers like Amazon, you would only have 30 days from the shipment date for a full refund. Just be careful what you're stuck with. The more people that are content with faulty media means, it seems to me, that a replacement is less than likely.
I'd rather have a faulty set than my full money back and no set. But that's just me of course.
If eventually CBS starts to replace the faulty ones, doesn't matter how long you got yours, they'll replace it.
blacklodge

Post by blacklodge »

With heavy heart, i returned my box-set today (Amazon.co.uk). Since CBSHE didn't respond to customer complaints, maybe they will take action after big retailers like amazon take notice of all the returned items and refund demands (something they can't be too happy about) and demand action themselves.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

No chance I return this unless an alternative is offered...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

rocketsan22 wrote:No chance I return this unless an alternative is offered...
Same here
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

rocketsan22 wrote:No chance I return this unless an alternative is offered...
Yep.
Murray
Roadhouse Member

Post by Murray »

I remember a similar problem with The Godfather Blu-ray set. One of the discs didn't work properly - some details here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Godfather-Part- ... B00004CNWS

I contacted Amazon about this and they replaced my disc when the error had been corrected and new discs issued.

Some of you will be aware there were significant problems with the David Lynch Blu-ray set. I didn't buy it straightaway - I waited until they were fixed before I purchased my set but I read other people returned their faulty sets for replacement.

My advice would be to a keep a hold of your sets but continue to kick up a fuss.
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

My box set doesn't have any audio sync problems with the deleted scenes at all and I purchased it immediately after the release came out. I guess, it's not a problem of the set, but something is wrong with the player compatibility. All sets being part of the same batch should be identical. It's hardly possible, that some of them contain such flaws and some don't. A good advice would be to check the discs on as many machines as possible. I haven't received a copious feedback on the green bar in ep. 7, but I guess, it's on all sets too, since they should be the same.
trollmanen

Post by trollmanen »

Amazon has pulled the box set from sale while they review it since so many people have returned theirs due to the issues. It's available from third party sellers, but not Amazon themselves. Maybe now CBS will listen since Amazon has taken notice.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

trollmanen wrote:Amazon has pulled the box set from sale while they review it since so many people have returned theirs due to the issues. It's available from third party sellers, but not Amazon themselves. Maybe now CBS will listen since Amazon has taken notice.
Still listed on UK Amazon.