10 Things We Learned From Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BobCooper
Roadhouse Member

10 Things We Learned From Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces

Post by BobCooper »

rewak
RR Diner Member

Re: 10 Things We Learned From Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces

Post by rewak »

Cooper and Diane play games with each other
Why Cooper doesn't want Lauras evidence going to Sam
Sarah has a history of mental illness
The Hayward parents might have an inkling about possible abuse in the Palmer family
Where the pink room is (i always got the impression it was in the Roadhouse from the movie)
A 2x4 isn't 2x4
Bobby turned to coke because my god the Briggs are a dull family (i'm exaggerating but dang they are dull)
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

I appreciate the insightful analysis, but i strongly disagree when you state that "This is especially true when the film from which they were deleted was one of the biggest critical and financial disasters of its time".

Are you kidding???

Maybe it was a cinematic flop in the USA, but overseas, FWWM was a phenomenal success...
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Auggeo wrote:I appreciate the insightful analysis, but i strongly disagree when you state that "This is especially true when the film from which they were deleted was one of the biggest critical and financial disasters of its time".

Are you kidding???

Maybe it was a cinematic flop in the USA, but overseas, FWWM was a phenomenal success...
If only that were true, Auggeo!

The film did very well in Japan on its early opening there. I believe it did not too bad in France and the UK, but generally it did not enjoy a bountiful box office generally.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

FWWM budget was only 10,000,000 $, 4 times less than, lets say, Ridley Scott´s Columbus disastrous Adventure 1492 which was actually released later in 1992. It only grossed 7 millions. Now, that's a monumental flop.

It was severely stabbed by critics, but it seems the hate was mostly in USA. As we know, it did okay in some European countries. According to a newspaper at the time, dated August of 1992, the film grossed 2 million just in Japan. Now, this was just when it was released in Japan. Too bad we dont know how much it did overseas, but i believe that Ciby 2000 end up making some profit with FWWM.

By the way, Lost Highway did worst than FWWM.

Gross:
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (original title)
Budget
$10,000,000 (estimated)

Gross
$4,160,851 (USA)
£433,082 (UK)
AUD 187,253 (Australia)

Lost Highway (original title)
Budget
$15,000,000 (estimated)

Opening Weekend
$212,710 (USA) (23 February 1997) (12 Screens)

Gross
$3,796,699 (USA) (20 April 1997)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

The article reminded me that I've been meaning to mention this exchange. When David posed the question to the three Palmer family actors about their hopes and dreams for the future, naturally I hoped for someone to mention continuing the Twin Peaks story (and not just in David and Mark's minds). Ray is possibly the most straightforward Twin Peaks advocate, and while he didn't mention that universe specifically, he did come pretty close.
RAY WISE (with David Lynch, Grace Zabriskie, and Sheryl Lee):
"I would also like to work one more time with David, somewhere along the line. And with both of you (to Grace and Sheryl) somewhere along the line. And then maybe the circle will be complete."

DAVID LYNCH:
"Beautiful. You're just the very best, and I would really like to work with each and every one of you again, for sure."
I really love Ray Wise.
BobCooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by BobCooper »

Auggeo wrote:I appreciate the insightful analysis, but i strongly disagree when you state that "This is especially true when the film from which they were deleted was one of the biggest critical and financial disasters of its time".

Are you kidding???

I didn't say that, I like FWWM :?
BobCooper
Roadhouse Member

Post by BobCooper »

Jasper wrote:The article reminded me that I've been meaning to mention this exchange. When David posed the question to the three Palmer family actors about their hopes and dreams for the future, naturally I hoped for someone to mention continuing the Twin Peaks story (and not just in David and Mark's minds). Ray is possibly the most straightforward Twin Peaks advocate, and while he didn't mention that universe specifically, he did come pretty close.
RAY WISE (with David Lynch, Grace Zabriskie, and Sheryl Lee):
"I would also like to work one more time with David, somewhere along the line. And with both of you (to Grace and Sheryl) somewhere along the line. And then maybe the circle will be complete."

DAVID LYNCH:
"Beautiful. You're just the very best, and I would really like to work with each and every one of you again, for sure."
I really love Ray Wise.
Watching that whole thing made me feel good vibes about the show and its future, but hey even if we don't get anything else, I was thrilled to get this. But goddammit I want to see Sarah watching football!